CHAPTER 32

A/N: Warning- another long+messy chapter hahah I hate being depressed 😅😭

The next morning, Ayedah had gotten up early to do some work for Mehmet, that he assigned for her to do whilst she was not on set; she spent all morning on it, before she went downstairs to have lunch with Aunt Gab before she was to leave. "How long will you be gone?" she asked her aunt as they ate the fish 'n' chips that Ayedah made. "Probably about a week, and not longer," said Gabriella. "I can't stay so long, can I? You can't survive without me around." Ayedah laughed and nodded; "Might I remind you that you weren't around when I got my job," she said. "I seem to survive better without." "Ouch," joked Aunt Gab, dramatically pressing her hand to her chest as if in pain. "That stung, Ayedah."

Ayedah chortled along with her, before her aunt took a look at her watch. "I'll be up to prepare some last-minute stuff, then you can send me off," she said. Ayedah nodded, and took out her phone to text Ozge as her aunt disappeared up the stairs to go to her room. After a few minutes, she got up to bring the dishes to the kitchen to wash.

"So how did it go?"

"Holy shit-"

Ayedah had not realized her brother's presence as he walked into the kitchen from the living room, Stormy pushing past his long legs to She sighed in relief, glad that she had not dropped the plate she had been washing; "You scared me, Child," she gasped, making Aarif laugh. "Don't do that, bloody hell." "Sorry," apologized Aarif as Ayedah turned back to the sink to wash the dishes. "But I was waiting to ask you something- I couldn't yesterday because of immigration business, you know." "Ah, were you now?" asked Ayedah, as she turned around to face him, leaning against the sink. "Is there something important you want to discuss?"

"Yes," said Aarif, after a silent moment of hesitation. "But tell me about you first. Burak had you over to see his family the day before yesterday, am I right?" "He did," answered Ayedah. "We spent quite a bit of time together." "I can see that," said Aarif, a small smile curling his lips up slightly at the sides. "What did all of you do?" "It was just dinner, and talking," said Ayedah with a shrug. "But it was...nice." She smiled and chuckled, remembering the night's events.

Aarif's small smile turned into a sly smirk, before he said, "Are you sure he isn't courting you?" Ayedah scoffed and said, "No of course not, it's not like that between us- his family were just getting to know me." "Sounds very much like courting to me," sniggered Aarif, making Ayedah roll her eyes- but deep down in her thoughts, she was beginning to wonder if Aarif was right.

She could not deny anymore that- at least from her end- it was no longer just friendship between her and Burak, for it had definitely escalated to something more. Though due to problems in her past caused by the trauma of the experience with her parents and the addition of her mental instability, Ayedah still had doubts for her feelings for him, and vice versa; but even the doubt and skepticality was slowly disappearing from her mind, and her heart would always race whenever she pondered on the possibility of she and Burak actually being together- and if her going over to his house was in fact to see if she had gotten his parents' approval.

"Maybe it was," she said suddenly, smiling. "Who knows..." She turned to her brother, assuming that he was about to grin back and tell her something like "I told you so!", but to her surprise his expression had fallen. He looked shocked, and almost...disappointed. He wiped it off his face as soon as she seemed to notice, and forced a smile.

"Did you like them?" he asked, and his voice a lot less cheery than it was when they had first started talking. "Were they good to you?" "Yes," said Ayedah. "MashaAllah, they were. I did like them very much. They're all just as lovely as Burak is." She could not help but smile again as she thought of them...that night had made her so happy and so serene, and for the first time in her life she had seen a truly healthy and happy family- and felt as if she were a part of it, despite that being the first time meeting them.