CHAPTER 24

A/N: Creds to the one who made this omg I'm dead  

"What's going on here?"

"Nothing, Yesim, Buse, don't worry about it," Ayedah called out dismissively as she kept her hand clamped over Ozge's mouth to prevent her scream from escaping. "Ozge just accidentally dropped something on her foot." Ozge gave her a weird look, earning a glare in return. "Oh, well, I hope it's alright, Ozge," called out Buse before she and Yesim left for her trailer a few cars away from Ozge's where she and Ayedah were both resting together after filming.

Ayedah cautiously took her hand off of her friend's mouth, who looked like she was about to squeal again. "Calm the bloody hell down, oh my God, you're going to give everyone white hair," she hissed at the younger girl, who had the most excited look on her face. "Ayedah, why would I not be excited?" she shot back. "You...Burak...it's PERFECT!" "What is?" asked Ayedah, exasperated. "Oh stop acting like you have no idea- you both are perfect! Together! As a couple! You and Celik!" cried Ozge. "You're both so...so...how is it you aren't 'official' already after that trip?" She was panting hard, out of breath as she squealed out everything without inhaling once.

"Of course we wouldn't be," Ayedah scoffed. "It was-" "Friendly?" Ozge narrowed her eyes at her friend skeptically. "Ayedah, that 'walk' was definitely not just friendly."

Ayedah, Burak and the rest returned to Turkey after another 8 exciting days in Chechnya, visiting significant sites, both modern and historical. Ayedah had thoroughly enjoyed her trip, and had gotten a lot of inspiration from where they toured; they had visited a special forces university, where they all in turn were allowed to practice shooting from actual guns, shotguns and rifles as well as watch how the Russian soldiers would travel across the ground in ATVs and small tanks. Afterwards, they spent a day or two touring the city of Grozny itself, which was fun on it's own- Ayedah had expectedly gotten herself lost in the city's national library too, and was astounded by the hidden history of the state, unbeknownst to the rest of the world.

On their fifth day, they left the city to travel up the Chechen Mountains, where they were to stay in a comfortable and warm inn owned by Ramzan Kadyrov, their host and political head of the Chechen Republic. They spent a few good days up in the highlands, trekking and hiking, even hunting and fishing for them to cook out their meals in the wild, guided by mountain villagers who volunteered to assist them. Ayedah was surprised by how much she had learnt on the trip, and she found herself talking non-stop when they returned to the city- though it was mostly only Burak Celik who happened to be listening to her and taking in her words. In fact, the two had spent a lot of time together over the ten-day trip, and had even sat together again on the flight back, still in deep conversation about various things.

Ayedah had found herself a lot more comfortable with Burak after their unexpected walk after the formal dinner on their first night; they had walked and talked until they reached the Grozenskoye sea, a reservoir in the city which had dancing, lit up fountains coming out of it to match the rest of the city, decorated in multicolored lights. But it was not the beauty of the city or that had settled itself in Ayedah's heart- it was the serenity she found whenever she was with Burak. It was a feeling of peace, comfort and vulnerability she had never experienced with anyone else.

He made her feel safe.

Ayedah was not ready to share these new and unknown yet extraordinary feelings with anyone else yet, and kept it to herself. However, she did share the experience of their walk with Ozge, who was over the moon with excitement for her friend at the story.

"Ayedah, you can't convince me that all of this is just platonic now," said Ozge seriously. "Come on, something must have happened that can finally prove to you that whatever's going on between you is more than just friendship." Ayedah was quiet as her friend interrogated her; Burak's words to her from that magical night had been on replay in her mind, but a possessive part of her had been unearthed- she only wanted to keep those words to herself, as if the mere memory of them being said to her was a treasure she did not want to share. But she knew Ozge was not going to let her go without any more information, so she had to tell her something.