CHAPTER 4

A/N: Just a disclaimer y'all, I won't be correcting the spelling of the names with Turkish characters until I'm done writing this book so I can focus mainly on the editing :) Also ^^^ Yigit is adorable
🥺🥺🥺

Ayedah's jaw dropped as Emel brought the car to a stop, and stepped out before the three of them began to walk into the front of the tribe.

The set of the show was absolutely stunning. It was huge, laid out across a wide, grassy field and Ayedah could not help but feel that she had stepped into the 13th Century, before the founding of the Ottoman Empire. The tents were very detailed and real, arranged and positioned perfectly around the largest marquee right at the center of it all- the marquee Ayedah recognized to be that of the Bey's. There were people bustling around, setting up props and cleaning up anything that needed it, and Ayedah's heart jumped to see animals trotting around, and people on horseback.

"It's beautiful," she gasped out, and Ozge and Emel both smiled at her. "We thought we'd bring you to see the set of the tribe before we go to the trailers," said Emel. "It's definitely the most beautiful and detailed place we get to shoot in." "I'll say," said Ayedah in awe. "It's worth being an actress just to shoot on a set like this!" Ozge and Emel laughed, and someone on horseback came riding up to them- a young woman around Ayedah's age with strawberry blonde hair and green eyes. Ayedah recognized her immediately.

"Merhaba!" she said with a smile, getting off her horse. "Oh, hello, Buse!" greeted Ozge, bringing herself forward to give the girl a hug. "We didn't expect you here today!" "I decided to come and take her for a ride," said Buse, indicating her horse. She grinned at Emel and greeted her. "Hi Emel." Emel responded to her with a smile and a nod. Buse then turned to Ayedah, a slightly confused expression on her face.

"Now who's this?" she asked. Ozge grinned and placed her hands on Ayedah's shoulders. "This, my dear Buse, is Natasha Owl," she introduced Ayedah by her pen name, making Ayedah blush. "Or as she normally goes by in real life, Ayedah Harraz." Buse gasped and immediately stuck her hand out to shake Ayedah's. "I have heard so much about you," she said excitedly, as Ayedah took her hand and she shook it enthusiastically. "Ozge told us everything- how you're her best friend since you both were kids, and how you're the one who convinced her to go for her role as Bala Hatun. Thank you for convincing her, Dear- I can't imagine anyone else for the role." Ayedah smiled at her, and she smiled back. Buse Arslan Akdeniz played the role of Aygul Hatun, Osman Bey's cousin in the series- as well as one of the women who had fallen unrequitedly in love with him. "If you're here, I suppose it means Aygul's coming back?" asked Ayedah hopefully. Buse gasped dramatically.

"Alas, my presence is a spoiler!" she exclaimed, making the girls laugh. "But that doesn't matter though- not if you're going to be working with us." "Oh well we don't know that yet," said Ayedah with a nervous laugh. "I mean I haven't even met Mr. Bozdag yet." "Well, I've read your writing thanks to Ozge here," said Buse. "And I don't see why he won't accept you, your work has me in awe." "Well if it were that good, I would not be standing here unemployed," said Ayedah with a sad chuckle.

"Not for long, you're not," sad Emel, checking the time. "We should get going, Ozge, it's almost 10AM. Mehmet wants to meet her at 10:30." "Oh damn, alright," said Ozge and took hold of Ayedah's arm. "Sorry Buse, we better be running- can't let her be late to meet Mehmet if she wants to work here." "Of course," said Buse with a pretty smile. "I'll see you soon, then!" Ayedah gave her a weak wave before getting back into the car with Emel and Ozge. Emel immediately drove off back onto the road and after a few minutes, turned right into a somewhat narrow, unpaved path through the woods. "Where are we going?" asked Ayedah. "To the trailer area," said Ozge. "Where we train and during filming season, get made up." "It's not too far from the tribe, so we can get there to film," said Emel. "The trailers and training area are a little further from the tribe so it doesn't get caught accidentally on camera whilst filming- especially as the tribe is an open area." Ayedah nodded in understanding as she gazed out the window to admire the forest.