CHAPTER 8

Warning: Swearing, Profanity

Ayedah could not believe how smoothly her first day on set went. Her nerves of meeting the other writers- who were older and much more experienced- were calmed down immediately and relieved with the welcoming atmosphere of the other screenwriters as they led her through their work; how they wrote, the amount of research that they put in, and the way they structured the seasons and episodes. She was in awe of the amount of work they put into it, and had been apprehensive at first, but their encouragement helped her immensely, especially Bozdag's. For the first time in Ayedah's life- she felt as if she was part of a team, and it was a good feeling to have...

One that put a genuine, bright smile on her face.

It was nearly evening, and they had already put in a lot of work that day. Ayedah smiled to herself as she looked through some of the plotlines for the upcoming season- she wasn't allowed to give anything to the actors just yet, but she knew that Ozge especially, would love what she and the other writers had in store for the characters. As she looked through the papers and notes, her eyes fell upon her cell phone, as a text notification came up from Ozge:

OZGE: Hey you. We're done for the day, hbu?

Ayedah looked at the time, and to her surprise saw that it was already 05:30 PM. She looked up and realized that some of the writers had already left, and it was just her, Mehmet Bozdag and his wife in the workroom. She quickly sent a text back:

AYEDAH: Yeah, I think so.

OZGE: Great, meet me at the stables. I need to get changed first.

Ayedah stood up and filed her notes before slipping them into her bag. "I should leave now, Sir," she said to Mehmet, who nodded at her. "Alright, Ayedah. Thank you for your work today, and good job." "Good Evening, Ayedah," said Mehmet Bozdag's wife, Asli Zeynep Peker Bozdag with a smile on her face. Ayedah smiled back and they exchanged Salaams before she left the small cabin where the screenwriters worked. Ayedah hoisted her bag over her shoulders before heading toward the stables, where Ozge said she would meet her. As she got nearer, she inhaled the fresh scent of hay, and watched as the actors brought their horses back in after training, some of them going off to groom them. She was rather in awe; she had never heard of the actors themselves actually learning to look after the animals they worked with on set, she often assumed they were taken care of for them- but she was rather impressed with the effort they put in, not just in their acting, but in the community of the set too.

Ayedah soon got close enough, and bravely poked her head into the horses' stables. Burak Celik was at the far end, feeding a horse and gently stroking its face. Thank God he's actually wearing something this time, thought Ayedah, relieved as she noticed that he was dressed in a black hoodie. Gosh, I did not expect nudity on this set... Ayedah pondered on whether she should go off and wander around for a while and come back later, or wait for Ozge with Burak. In the end, she decided that she still wasn't as comfortable on set yet and decided to do the latter, and cautiously walked over to him.

"Selam, Yazar Hanim," said Burak, smiling at her before turning back to his horse. Ayedah frowned and turned around, wondering if he had been speaking to anyone behind her. "M-me?" She asked. "Who else," questioned Burak with a chuckle. Ayedah raised an eyebrow quizzically. "What exactly does that-" "Miss Writer," answered Burak, before she finished her sentence. "I don't want to keep calling you 'Mother to Stormy'." "I doubt I need a nickname or title, Celik," asked Ayedah, an eyebrow raised. "You could just call me Ayedah." "It wouldn't be as fun," said Burak with a shrug. "I have one for Yigit too. And aren't you supposed to call me Burak when it's just the two of us, and when Ozcivit isn't around?" Ayedah scoffed slightly at his cheek. "Since you seem to call me whatever you please, I shall do the same," she retorted, making Burak smirk. "Touche," he said. "Judging by the fact that you didn't know what Yazar Hanim means, I suppose you don't know Turkish that well?"