CHAPTER 5

A/N: Burak and Jax 🥺

It did not take Ayedah long to find that she was staring due to surprise and shock(not to mention being starstruck). She quickly composed herself, stood up straight, and coughed in what she hoped was a professional tone. She tried to pretend that she didn't recognize him- for even then, she couldn't be too sure if it was him...

It was very possible for the striking, unforgettable eyes of the man she had met a few days before to belong to someone else, and she did not want to embarrass herself further. "Excuse me, I'm really very sorry," she said politely, forcing back the flush that was creeping its way up her cheeks. "I was making my way to look for someone- er, the person I was texting and was not watching where I was going. Thank you for not being upset." Burak Celik smiled at her and chuckled. "Don't worry, it's all fine," he said in his smooth, deep voice. He surveyed her, his icy eyes boring into her own, and she immediately looked down out of humility.

"I am hurt that you do not recognize me, for I usually make an impression on most people I meet," he said in a falsely hurt yet playful voice. "I suppose I completely failed with you- or you didn't pay much attention to me." Ayedah was stung; she did not expect him to be the kind of actor who wanted recognition from everyone, judging by the courteous behaviour she received from Yigit and Burak Ozcivit. "Yes, I know who you are, Mr. Celik," said Ayedah curtly, frowning slightly, but she kept her tone steady to not offend him. "I've paid enough attention to Kurulus Osman to recognize you in real life." To her surprise and utmost indignation, Celik burst into laughter.

"Did I say something to amuse you?" she demanded, and the blonde toned down his laughter; but he kept his dashing smile on his face. "Yes, I am, but that isn't what I mean," he said after he had calmed down and stopped laughing, and his tone softened. "I did not expect to see you again- especially after how our first meeting went, with me smashing your face with the glass door of the vet."

Ayedah's heart stopped. She was right; it was him. Burak Celik was the same man she had encountered that day she went to the vet, that ordinary-seeming day which she could oddly not remove from her memory. Well- no wonder he had seemed so familiar.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, unable to contain her grin, the professional act slipping away immediately as she unintentionally pointed at him. "I can't believe it- you're the one who nearly destroyed my nose?" She went red when she realized what she said, and Celik gave a loud chortle at the memory. He himself went slightly pink with embarrassment. "Yes, guilty. Please forgive me for that. I guess you wouldn't have recognized me at first, as my mask was on when we first met- but I definitely recognize you," he said with a shy grin, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm Burak- Burak Celik, not Ozcivit of course. I believe you already know that, as you have already met him?" "Yes, I definitely know that you are Burak Celik," said Ayedah, smiling softly. "I've watched the show, obviously, I wouldn't be here if I didn't." Celik laughed. "Are you a friend of someone here?" he asked. "You mentioned looking for-" "Ozge Torer," answered Ayedah. "She's my friend, I've known her all my life. She brought me here today with her and Emel to help me out with a job- and may I ask, Mr. Celik, how do you know that I have met Ozcivit?" "I saw him welcome you, Ozge and Emel with Yigit earlier," said Celik, his cheeks going slightly pink suddenly. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to greet you- I was feeding my horse. I could see you from the stables, though. I could not recognize you from afar, though you did seem familiar...but now that I see you up close, I guess my instincts were lucky today."

Ayedah blushed and chuckled softly. "I'm glad you find yourself lucky," she said in a shy voice. "And I've heard about your admirable love for horses- your castmates inform me that you prefer to spend more time in nature with animals than human beings, Mr. Celik." Ayedah could have kicked herself- that wasn't a very professional comment! She could not be acting this way around the cast before she even started work- but Celik smiled at her and shook his head. "Please, Burak is fine- not Mr. Celik, I know I'm twenty-eight but I'm not that old," he said with a laugh. Ayedah nearly sighed with relief that he didn't notice her moment of being star struck, and smiled back at him. "Oh, of course. Didn't want to get confused between you and Burak Ozcivit, you know," she chuckled, her tone slightly nervous. "Ozge told me how it is on set with you two." "You can call me by my last name when he's around," said Burak. "But please, when it's just us- Burak."