CHAPTER 18

A/N: Early update <3

"HE TOOK YOU HORSE-RIDING?!?"

"Oh my God, Ozge, shush!" Ayedah hissed at her friend. "The whole country could hear you- let alone this TV show set!" "Sorry, sorry," apologized Ozge, as she had to do her hair all over again- in her own excitement she had messed up the bun she was putting her hair into. Filming hours had just ended for the day, and she was taking off her makeup and fixing her hair before she and Ayedah returned to Fatih. Ayedah watched as Ozge struggled with her hair; "I'll do it for you, just stay still now, if you want to keep listening," she sighed in exasperation, before she stood behind her friend's chair and started to do her hair for her.

Ayedah had not had the time to update Ozge on recent events, as with Aarif's arrival and all they had to get him settled properly in Istanbul; he was to stay for almost three more weeks as per his VISA, and after some discussion Ayedah and Aunty Gab agreed to have him stay in the house for a while- much cheaper than having to stay at a hotel for another three weeks. With Mehmet's permission, Ayedah spent about a week away from set to help her brother settle in for his stay at their house, as well as catch up on what they missed. However neither of them brought up the topic of their family back in London, as they both knew that Ayedah specifically would not want to cover such a subject. But nevertheless, they still talked- Aarif told her about his days in pre-university, and how his football friends were all getting shipped off to different countries to study sports, and join different teams. He told his sister about how he was hoping that even though he was going to study medicine, he would still be able to play and perhaps join a big team in the United Kingdom, perhaps Chelsea or Manchester. Ayedah too, had stories of her own to share; she told her brother about how she landed a job in the film industry- how Ozge had recommended her to Mehmet Bozdag and how she got hired. She talked to him about what she did, and how she was doing- that she was getting paid quite well, and enjoying her work all the same. She told him about how she was hoping to raise enough money so one day she would be able to print a book and publish it, as well as be able to help out with their aunt's finances as she lived there.

Ayedah also told him about Burak- how they had first met at the vet when he had accidentally slammed the door in her face whilst she was on a phone call with Ozge, and how they grew to develop quite a friendship as time passed. Aarif seemed perfectly happy for her, and made a comment on how she had changed quite a bit since the last time he saw her- for the better of course- how she was finally somewhat coming out of her shell, making friends and doing what he called 'gallivanting' with famous Turkish celebrities, making his sister laugh.

Ayedah had already finished telling Ozge about Aarif's arrival- which she had done partly through text- and how she felt about it. When that topic was covered, Ozge revealed her curiosity for what had happened between her and Burak on the day Ayedah went to apologize and make amends for her anger. The young actress nearly fell off her chair when Ayedah told her about their little horse-riding lesson, and how they sat and relaxed on the beach together, talking nearly endlessly till the sun had almost sunk beneath the horizon.

"Aman Allah, Ayedah, this is starting to look like one of those romance movies!" she exclaimed as Ayedah's hands ran themselves through her long dark hair to untangle it. "Where the guy and the girl just hang out, happen to go to the beach and fall in love- and there are horses too! Holy cow, this is so rom-" "Oh no, Ozge, it's not like that at all with Burak," chuckled Ayedah embarrassedly. "It's just friendship- we're just friends." Ozge scoffed. "For your information, Yazar Hanim, he has never done 'horse lessons' with or for anyone else before," she taunted using the nickname Burak called her by, making Ayedah roll her eyes. "Especially not a woman. He barely talks to that species of human." Ayedah snorted. "Lies, I've seen him talking to you," she claimed. "Well, there's always other people there when we talk," said Ozge. "Same with all the other ladies on set, cast or crew- it's just you he spends time alone with."