CHAPTER 39

A/N: I decided to do Monday and Friday updates from now on uwu...and also, it's getting a lil heated from here :)

"Ayedah, are you finished with the outline that was assigned? We need it by this evening."

"Almost- just uploading it now."

Ayedah quickly passed Asli Zeynep a few sheets of paper that were her drafts and notes, before sending off a quick email. "I sent it in an email," she said. "It's in the form of a cloud drive." "Thank you," said Asli Zeynep, smiling at her. "It's odd though- you're usually the first to finish." "I suppose I got distracted," said Ayedah, laughing nervously. "I'm sure you would have, you're getting married after all," soothed Asli Zeynep in an understanding tone. "Don't worry about it- besides, now we're done! We'll set a date for a meeting to discuss our work and ideas after, say, your honeymoon?" She gave Ayedah a playful wink as she said it, and Ayedah's cheeks reddened. "I suppose that'll be alright," she agreed. "But earlier would be just as fine too."

"Sacma, nonsense- you and Celik deserve some time together before you both get back to work," Asli Zeynep chided. "Well, I'm planning to spend the rest of my life with him, so I think I'll have lots of time with him," joked Ayedah, making her boss's wife smile. "Still, marriage is an important thing," said Asli Zeynep, sounding much like her husband. "It ought to be celebrated, and not delayed, as my husband says. And I can tell that both you and Burak Celik as well as people like yourselves deserve something worth celebrating in your lives, especially if it involves the both of you." "That's very kind," blushed Ayedah. "Thank you...I suppose I will see you then, when we set a date to start working on the new screenplays."

"Where do you plan to go, anyways?" asked Asli Zeynep. "Sorry if I am intruding-" "Not at all," dismissed Ayedah. "But I don't know- Burak's arranging that part of it. He is the travel expert between us, after all." "Ah, I like it when the men do planning for once," joked Asli Zeynep, making the both of them laugh. "But do go and take a break, now, Ayedah- you've been doing a lot of hard work, and a future wife needs to unwind herself a little before allowing a man into her life for the rest of it. We'll all be back later for a briefing, then I hope to see you at the finale celebration later on tonight." "InshaAllah," said Ayedah. "Thank you."

She then took her phone and bag, and left the writers' cabin, her mood soaring and her face shining with pride.

It had been about two weeks since the engagement ceremony, and would be another two weeks until the civil wedding. Ayedah was eventually forced to leave most of the wedding duties to her aunt and Burak's family as well as a wedding planner Busra had appointed, for both she and Burak were getting extremely busy on set- most of the male actors had to train extra hard to film Osman and the Kayis' final battle for the last episode of the season, and from what the writers' and choreographers planned, it was going to be a big one for the screen.

But as slow as it seemed to go at first especially with her own personal excitement, Ayedah was shocked to find that time had flown by and it was their last day on set before their break of around three to four months- they were planning to start working on, training for and filming Season 3 in September or October, and air it toward the end of whichever month they planned to do so.

As for Burak and Ayedah, their relationship took a definite upturn- especially as their union was now valid and secure through religious laws, they spent a lot more time with each other than they used to. Burak would sometimes even try to have her stay the night at his house with him, but Ayedah was adamant to not have that happen until they were legally married. In truth, there was nothing wrong with staying over with him, but for the fun of it Ayedah decided to leave him on edge and tease him a little as long as it did not do him any harm. "It would mean more, anyway, if we waited just a little longer," she had explained to him. She had also not allowed him to see her without hijaab yet- but no matter how much Burak pretended to be irritated with her adamance, he was secretly glad she had done it for he agreed that it felt more special and exciting in that sense.