CHAPTER 15

The sleeping medicine had done its job; Ayedah had fallen into a deep and somewhat-restful sleep, and she woke up just at the crack of dawn. She groaned slightly, not wanting to get out of her safe, warm bed, but she knew she had to face the day- just as she did so every day for the past twenty-five years of her life. "Maybe I'll just rest my eyes for a little while more," she said aloud to herself, burying her head under the blanket again. But Stormy was not going to have it; he pounced on his mistress's stomach, making her gasp as she sat up in bed. "You naughty creature," she scolded him in an annoyed voice as he sashayed off the bed and hopped onto the window-seat, eyeing her maliciously. "Well that did it," she scoffed and pulled off the covers, and headed for the bathroom.

After a good ten minutes of showering and another five stepping out of the shower resentfully and putting on her clothes, Ayedah was ready to go. She wore a neat grey long-sleeved shirt and jeans, and matched her outfit with a midnight-blue hijab. She put on her coat, grabbed her bag, gave Stormy a kiss on his furry head and headed downstairs to say goodbye to her aunt before she left. "Good luck with Burak," said Aunt Gab from where she was having breakfast at the table after Ayedah said good-morning and goodbye to her. "Don't worry, it'll go smoothly." Ayedah gave her a hollow laugh in response before putting on her surgical mask and exiting the house after grabbing her keys. Ozge and Emel were outside waiting as per usual, this time in Yigit's car to her surprise. Ayedah's stomach flipped a little, hoping that Yigit would not mention the events of the previous day, especially as she was so nervous. She got into the back passenger seat with Ozge, whilst Emel sat at the front with Yigit. "Selam Aleykum," she said in greeting, and the others all replied with "Ve Aleykum Selam."

"You ready?" Ozge whispered to her, and she nodded. "I hope so," she whispered back, as they took off down the road. The trip to Riva seemed a little quicker than usual that morning, too fast for Ayedah's liking- though at the same time time seemed to slug by, holding her in anticipation. Before long, they had arrived, and were out of the car and on the grassy ground of the set. "That went by too quickly for my liking," whimpered Ayedah. "Don't worry, it'll be okay," said Ozge. "Ah, see- here he comes now." Ayedah whirled around to see Burak Celik walking toward them and greeting Yigit with a handshake and a hug the way men usually greeted each other. He gave her a quick glance but nothing more, and the two walked away toward the trailers to prepare for filming that day. "Why didn't you say anything?" asked Ozge. "I'm sorry, I suppose I just froze," squeaked Ayedah. "And er...perhaps it's best if I do this after filming today?"

Ozge narrowed her eyes at her. "You sure you're not procrastinating?" she asked. "It'd be better to just get it over with, you know." "Yeah, but at the same time it's better if it's just the two of us alone," said Ayedah, surprising both herself and Ozge with her words. "So...er- it'll be easier to do that afterward." Ozge nodded, and gave her a small smile with a nudge. "It'll be okay, don't worry," she said encouragingly. "I have faith in you." Ayedah smiled wearily back, before the two headed off to start their day of hard work.

----------

Filming hours had just ended, and Ozge and Ayedah were in Ozge's trailer, as the actress was getting herself out of her makeup and costume. "Where would Burak be at this time?" asked Ayedah, who was pacing around and biting her fingernails nervously whilst her friend sat at her mirror-dresser. "Maybe at the training field?" suggested Ozge. "I already checked there, he isn't," said Ayedah. "Well, then he's probably at the stables," said Ozge. "Go and check there." "What if there are other people there?" whimpered Ayedah. "What if I'll have to speak in front of Yigit or Cagri or something and make a fool of myself?" "Then just ask Burak if you could take him aside for a while," chuckled Ozge casually, trying to keep her voice even to calm her friend down. "And what if he doesn't want to?" squawked Ayedah. "What if-"