CHAPTER 22

A/N:  ^^^Unrelated but he looks gorgeous ehe + I listened to this song whilst writing this chapter, I feel like it kinda suits idk

The group arrived together at the Dagun Omaev House Of Celebrations right on time as per their schedule, and were welcomed warmly by their host. There were a few rounds of hugs and shaking hands which Ayedah did not participate in- though she did address them politely by pressing her palm to her chest in a traditional, contactless greeting. They were invited in immediately, from the cold of the Russian night into the warm theatre to watch a concert arranged just for their entertainment before dinner. It was quite enjoyable and interesting, as they watched lively dancers dancing and beautiful-voiced singers sing, all in a way that was lawful and traditional to their region.

Afterwards they were all interviewed- not something Ayedah had been looking forward to. There were not only journalists and interviewers that had gathered around, but actual cameramen to record the event. Ayedah knew that perhaps the rest were comfortable, as- from what she knew- they have all been interviewed on camera before, plus their jobs were literally to act in front of one. But when she herself was interviewed, she was surprised with how easy it all seemed to go. They all had asked her in turn if she would speak in a chosen language, and had not asked her anything about her personal life, much to her relief; they mostly interviewed her with questions about her job, how much she knew about the Ottoman Empire, how she found writing for the show and if she herself personally enjoyed watching it, and other very much work-related inquiries.

Ayedah managed to answer every question without stumbling or getting stuck, and was very relieved and quite pleased with herself in the end, and even participated in taking a few pictures with whoever wanted them, whether grouped up with the others or just her by herself. She also noticed that everyone else seemed agreeable with what they were asked, and there were no inappropriate or discomforting questions asked- though that seemed to be the case, until Burak Celik went into a flustered little fit at one of the questions he was being asked. Ayedah was taking a photo with Yigit, Ayberk and a young fan at the time and could not hear what the question was, but hoped that it was not anything to do with his ex or his past before becoming an actor; in simpler words, anything overstepping personal boundaries. Thankfully, he along with the rest were all rescued when their host finally began to lead them to the dining room to have their meal, though before they started they still had to participate in another short round of photographing and selfie-taking before they could start.

It was safe to say that the group thoroughly enjoyed their Chechnyan meal, whilst being entertained by a group of boys performing a traditional dance along with Yigit Ucan himself being invited to sing the 'Osman Bey Marşi(Osman Bey's March)' for them. Ayedah had heard Yigit sing a couple of times on screen and off too, and had always been impressed by how well he sang. She grinned and enjoyed watching the men sing along enthusiastically and clap to the beat, and would join in when she felt like it.

Conversations began as food was shared, and Ayedah took to chatting with Yigit, who was sitting closest to her as one of their co-hosts walked over from another table to talk to them. Ayedah took Burak's advice and when the topic fell upon her work and writing, she spoke of her ambitions and goals with her original work. The host was impressed, and encouraged Ayedah to continue writing- it turned out that he was enthusiastic when it came to literature as well, and enjoyed reading as well as writing; though he admitted that he himself was not exactly on the creative side. However, he told her that he knew many big names in the industry and if anyone seemed interested, he would find a way to let her know. Ayedah couldn't help but feel slightly excited at the idea of someone actually being interested in her own work, and was very smiley and enthusiastic for the rest of the conversations she participated in.