⚠️Chapter 18- I Can't, I'm Sorry⚠️

June 23, 2017 1:47 pm
Betty POV

"Okay now that everyone is here we can start the ceremony" The priest says. I look over at Archie and he can barely stand up straight.

Is he drunk?

Oh fuck Ronnie's gonna be upset. I need to tell someone.

"Cheryl is...does Archie look drunk to you?" I ask her.

"Ummm...What the hell. Yeah he does" she says.

"How could Reggie let him in drunk." I say.

"I don't know maybe because he's a fucking idiot" Cheryl say and the the music starts playing.

"Oh gosh" Cheryl says and grips my arm.

Once Veronica walks out with Hiram. Cheryl let's go of my arm and smiles. Veronica looks at Archie and her smiles falters.

"Oh god" Cheryl whispers. Veronica says her vows because Archie didn't remember his.

"Archibald Andrews do you take Veronica Cecilia Lodge as your wife"

"I do yeah" Archie slurs.

"Veronica Cecilia Lodge do you take Archibald Andrew as your husband" The Priest says.

"....I-I can't I'm sorry" Veronica says and runs inside.

"Ronnie!" Archie yells.

"I'll go check on her" I say and go inside. The closest place to were we were is the bathroom.

"Veronica" I say.

"Betty is he mad?" She asks.

"I don't know. But what happened out there is it nerves?" I ask.

"No it's...Can we go to our room" Ronnie says.

"Yeah sure"

June 23, 2017 2:11 pm

"Okay so Archie has been drinking a lot. I'd say around October early November. It's been bad. He'd come home really late or not at all. I told him a lot of time to stop that he needs help. But he doesn't listen. He says he never cheated and I don't know if I believe it." Veronica says and pulls off all her jewelry.

"Okay well we can get him help right? Maybe he was stressed about the wedding planning."

"I'm not marrying him now. I can't Betty I'm...I'm pregnant. And I can't have him around a baby if he's drunk all the time" Veronica says.

"Oh V" I say and hug her.

"What am I gonna do. He's gonna be pissed at me. I can't tell him about the baby" Veronica says.

"No Veronica tell him maybe that'll make him want to get better. So just call off or postpone the wedding" I say.

"What the fuck Betty" Archie says walking into the room.

"Archie what are you doing here" Ronnie says.

"Are you seriously trying to talk her out of marring me?" He says angrily.

"What no why would I do that" I say and he grabs my wrist tightly.

"Archie" Veronica says.

"Maybe because your jealous of me and Veronica I don't know" he says.

"What the hell Red let go of her" Reggie says walking in the room with Fred.

"What Reggie"

"Let's go Archie we need to talk." Fred says and Archie leaves with him. I rub my wrist.