Chapter 41- Okay Maybe...Jack?

July 18, 2021         11:22 pm
Jughead POV

"Jug you're getting paint all over the floor!" Betty yells.

"Im sorry babe" I say and give her a kiss. Betty is now around seven months pregnant. Her bump has gotten way bigger. In the beginning she was small and she was really concerned but we're fine now.

"It's okay Jug" she smiles.

"I like the way you are wearing your shirt by the way" she's wearing her shirt bunched up above her stomach.

"Shut up it was too tight. Go back painting and stop being distracted. We only have one wall left"

"Aye, aye captain" I smirk.

"Betty I've been calling you what the hell are you doing?" Veronica says walking in the room.

"We're paint the nursery. Why what happened?" Betty asks.

"We have a meeting B! Come on" Veronica says and grabs her arm.

"Bye Jug" Betty smiles and drops the paint brush on the floor. Now I have to finish this by myself.

July 18, 2021 6:27 pm

I wake up to Betty kissing my cheeks. Then she kisses my lips.

"Hi baby" I groan and stretch.

"Juggie you didn't have to finish the room." Betty says.

"I wanted too and besides you were working. Think of it as a surprise" I smile and she kisses me again.

"I love you and I love the room" she smiles.

"I'm glad you like it now can we take a nap?" I ask and close my eyes.

"Oh so we're taking each other's lines? But no I'm kinda hungry and you need to shower. You have paint in your hair." She says brushes my hair out of my face.

"Fine but only if you join me" I smile.

"Jug I'm pregnant we can't get all frisky in the shower. We could fall and hurt Jug Junior" she says. We've been calling our baby Jug Junior. Just until we decide on a name.

"How about a bath?"

She smiles "Sure come on Jones"

"I'm coming"

July 18, 2021            8:12 pm

"Okay baby now you are fed and washed can we go to bed?" I ask her and she shakes her head no and smiles.

"What else do we need to do today?"

"I was thinking maybe we could start brain storming names" She says.

"Okay maybe...Jack?" I smile and she slaps my chest.

"No jug we aren't name if our kid that" she laughs. We sit in silences for a little thinking.

"Okay I was thinking his middle name could be Pendleton or Forsythe? You know maybe to keep a part of the family name?"

"I'm cool with that but Pendleton no one deserves Forsythe as a name" I say and she laughs.

"Okay what ever you say"

July 19, 2021        1:42 pm

"What about Nicholas?" Toni asks.

"No" Betty says.

"Okay" Toni says.

"Greyson is a nice name"  Veronica says.

"Greyson...I like it. And Grey can be his nickname" Betty says and smiles at me.

"Okay I'll add it to the list" I say and write it down.

"What about Aaron?" Reggie says.

"Dude we aren't naming our kid A Aron" I say and Betty slaps me.

"Ow what?" I say.

"Stop" she smiles.

"Jack?" Reggie says.

"No" Both Betty and I say at the same time.

"What wrong with Jack?" Cheryl asks.

"We just don't like the name" I say.

"Yeah too...Popular" Betty says.

"...Hmmm okay something else is totally going on but I'm not gonna question it" Cheryl smirks.

"Jacob, Matthew or Ean" Toni says.

"Jacob and Matthew are like fuck boy names an-"

"Jug.."

"I'm not saying our son is bound to be a fuck boy, babe. I'm just saying I don't want girls to put him in a category because of his name. But I like Ean" I say.

"Okay I think we have enough names right Jug?" Betty asks.

"Yeah we have ten. We now have to narrow it down to one"

"Gosh that's going to be a nightmare" Betty sighs.

"Well glad we could help. Hopefully my little cousin has a nice name" Cheryl says.

"You should name him Reggie" Reggie says.

"No we're good Reg" Betty smiles.

700 words