Chapter 29- I Didn't Hear a No

May 21, 2019 9:35 pm
Betty POV

"Jug you ready for bed?" I ask walking into my room.

"Yeah" he says.

I get on the bed "you excited for tomorrow"

"More nervous...What if it doesn't work? What would you do if it doesn't work?"

"Well I'll give you hugs and kisses until you feel better. Then I'll drive us down to Riverdale and we'll get milkshakes and burgers from Pops." I say and he sighs.

"And if it works, which I know it will. I'll give you hugs and kisses or probably cry of happiness. Then you'll drive us down to Riverdale and we'll get milkshakes and burgers from Pops." I smile and caress his cheek.

"You must really want Pops" he says and his bottom lip starts trembling.

"Juggie don't cry. You can't cry doctors orders" I say.

"I know I'm sorry. I just...don't know what I did to deserve you. I love you" he smiles.

"I love you too" I say and kiss him.

"Hmm could I have my last romp as a blind man tonight?" He says.

"You really are a dork" I say and he grabs my ass.

"I didn't hear a no" he smirks and I kiss him.

May 22, 2019       11:27 am
Jughead POV

Today is the day. I'm nervous but not as bad because Betty's with me. All my friends are here. Archie and Veronica are coming soon.

I'm kinda excited to see Archie again. For two reasons one because he's been up state and two he's my best friend.

"How long is your doctor gonna take" Betty groans.

"Calm down babe" I say.

"Jughead come on back kid" I hear my doctor say.

"Okay here we go" I say and we all walk to the room. My dad helps me lay down on the bed. Betty grabs my hand.

"Okay I'm going to take your bandages off." He says and I feel him take them off.

"Alright when you're ready you can open them" he says. I take a deep breath and open my eyes. At first all I see is white. It hurts so I close my eyes again tightly. Did it not work?

"Oh let me dim the lights...alright try again" he says. I open my eyes again and I see the ceiling. I look to my right and see my doctor he's bald.

"Hey Mr. Jones" he smiles.

"Hi" I say getting chocked up. I feel Betty squeeze my hand. I look over and see the most beautiful girl ever.

"You're beautiful" I smile and she sobs.

"Baby don't cry" I say and she hugs me.

"I love you" she says.

"I love you too" I say and give her a kiss.

"So Jughead how do I look? The same as I was went I was 23" Cheryl says.

"Damn you aged horribly" I say and she scoff.

"I was kidding you look pretty Cheryl" I say and she smiles. I look around the room and I don't see Archie.

"Where's Archie?" I ask. And everyone looks at Ronnie.

"He didn't want to come. He isn't getting getting better. So he stayed up state" Veronica says.

"I'm sorry" I say and she nods.

"Okay let's go home and celebrate" My dad says.

May 22, 2019     9:35 pm

After the party was over everyone went home except Betty, Reggie and sweet Pea.

"Are you sure you cant stay the night." I say and Betty shakes he her head.

"Juggie you know I can't. You have to pack so you can move in with me. And if I'm here you will be distracted" she says and pulls her shoes on.

"It's your fault your beautiful" I say and she blushes.

"Am I making you blush" I tease.

"Ugh now you can see me blush" Betty groans. She walks over to me and kisses my cheek.

"Night Jug" she says and tries to walk away but I grab her arm and pull her on me.

"Jug I have to go" she whines.

"You can go but you missed my lips" I say. She kisses me.

"See you tomorrow hopefully. Make sure you pack okay or no more kisses" she says.

"Okay I'll do that" I say.

"I love you" she says standing at my door.

"I love you too so much" I say and she smiles and leaves. Once she does I grab my phone and call Kevin.

"Fuck Jug what do you want" Kevin says.

"Look I'm sorry for interrupting you but I need you to take me ring shopping tomorrow" I say and Kevin squeals.

770 words