Chapter 35- I Wanted a Baby

June 2, 2019 12:35 pm
Jughead POV

"Okay you ready?" Veronica asks me. I look at her and nod.

"Yeah I'm ready" I say and she knocks on his door then opens it.

"Who is it?" Archie says.

"It's me Ronnie"

"I thought I told you not to come here?" Archie says.

"Well I'm fucking paying for this shit" she says.

"Why'd you bring him" Archie says walking out of a room. He looks terrible his eyes are and his hair is much longer and messy.

"Nice to see you too Archie" I say and sit down on a chair.

"Fuck you alright it's your fault I'm here in the first place." He says.

"How is it my fault?" I ask.

"Because you got everything handed to you Jug. Literally. You where born a writer and had the perfect home life." He says.

"Archie you know that's not true my mom was barely there and we didn't have a lot of money"

"Well at least you had your parents. And something to do with your life. I didn't and still don't know what to do. All I had was a football scholarship which wasn't working out. And then when the accident happened I had an excuse for everything—"

"What so you—the accident was on purpose?"

"No no jug it wasn't but it gave me an excuse. 'Sorry I flunked out of college Dad. Everything with Jughead was stressful'" he says.

"It was fine everything was starting to look good. You know I had my friends and a girlfriend. Then fiancé, We started planning a wedding. That's when you met Betty."

I frown "What does Betty have to do with this?"

"It wasn't fair how you got a girlfriend when you're blind! jug it's not fair" he says. I'm confused.

"I'm not blind anymore Archie and she's my fiancée" I say.

He chuckles "Oh so you got the surgery because of her. So when everyone was telling you to get it you were saying no and being a bitch. But once a pretty girl says get it you do"

I stand up "Shut the hell up Archie you're acting like you never did anything wrong. When you fucking crashed the car and killed two people and made me fucking blind. You didn't apologize. You killed a mother and daughter. A four year old Arch. They were going to get ice cream—"

"Jughead stop and how do you even know that?" Archie says.

"You were in Mexico with Ronnie. I was I. The hospital bed. Crying because I couldn't see I could do anything and publisher had called and told me she took my contract back. Because right couldn't finish my book.

The woman's husband came a into my room yelling he started hitting me. He thought I was the driver. He thought I was you. I guess my dad and doctors came in and dragged him off of me.

He started yelling saying I killed his baby girl and his wife. Said that they were going to get stuff for a late night movie. And I that a stupid college kid killed them both. Took them from him. I told him that it wasn't me. That was the end of it." Archie glares at me.

"Damn if looks could kill" I smirk.

"Shut the fuck up Jones. Are you guys done. I have things to do." He says.

"I want to call off our wedding and break up" Veronica says.

"What Ronnie?" He says.

"Archie you knew this was gonna happen. We have two kids and if you're going to be here for god knows how long. I can't keep waiting on you. So I'm sorry Archie we're done" Veronica says.

"Wait two kids?" He says.

"Yes I'm pregnant" Veronica says.

"I'm sorry Archie" I say and he looks up at me.

"The hell you are! Fuck you man!" He yells and punches me.

"I'm not gonna fight you" I walk away from him.

"Come on let's go Jug" Veronica says and we walk out the door.

June 2, 2019         8:35 pm

"I can't believe he did that Jug" Betty says and brushes my hair out of my face. We are at the hotel still. My eye started to bruise so Betty's holding ice on it.

"I know" I groan. She starts rubbing my scalp and my eye lids start to feel heavy.

"Jug I took a pregnancy test earlier" Betty says and I look up at her.

"Are you..."

"No...I mean I kinda wanted to be though" Betty says and tear fall out of her eye.

I sit up and hug her "Baby it's okay"

"I wanted a baby, Jug" she cries.

"Baby we can have a baby when ever you want okay. Just let me know" I say and she takes a deep breath.

She laughs a little "But we aren't even married yet"

"I know I'm sorry for making you think you're pregnant"

"There's no need for you to apologize Juggie. But it was probably me going back to my old habits of napping." She giggles.

"You're so cute" I smile and kiss her nose.

"Can we call it a night" Betty says and lays down.

"Yeah sure" I turn off the lamp and lay down next to her.

"Tomorrow wanna go to the pool?" Betty asks.

"Yeah seeing you in a bikini wouldn't be bad" I say and she slaps my shoulders.

"Shut up" she says and rolls over.

"What you have a great ass babe"

"Forsythe if you don't stop fucking talking right now I'm going to pinch you" she says.

"I don't like it when you call me Forsythe" I pout and she kisses me.

"Good night" she smiles.

"Night"

June 3, 2019 3:21 am

I wake up to someone shaking my shoulder.

"Juggie" I open my eyes and see Betty.

"What babe" I ask.

"I can't sleep I keep over thinking" she says.

"Come here babe" I wrap my arms around her. I play with her hair until I hear her soft snores. I kiss her forehead and drift off to sleep.

1000 words