Chapter 30- I am Not Sour About It

May 23, 2019     10:35 am
Jughead POV

I woke up early today so I could pack up most of my stuff before Kevin came over.

As I was going through my stuff I found my laptop. I opened it up and it's dead. I look around for the charger and find it in my desk drawer. I plug it up and wait for it to turn on.

"Wow you're up early" my dad says.

"Yeah Betty wants me packed ASAP and I have to be at least halfway done before Kevin comes over." I say and go to my closet.

"What are you and Kevin doing?" He asks me and sits on my bed.

"We're going ring shopping" I say. 

"Ring shopping like..." he says.

"Engagement rings. I'm gonna propose to Betty. Thinking of that I need Hal's phone number." I say and look at him.

"Okay here" he says and writes it on a piece of paper.

"Thanks" I say.

"I'm gonna start breakfast before your mom wakes up"  he says and leaves my room. I grab my phone and dial Hal's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Hal its Jughead" I say.

"Hey Jug what up" he says and I hear squeals in the background.

"Uhh I wanted to as you if...if I could marry Betty?" I ask him.

"Seriously?" He asks.

"Yeah"

"Go right ahead. You make her happy which makes me happy. You have my consent Jug" he says.

"Thanks Hal" I say.

May 23, 2019     11:04 am

I just got out of the shower. I and basically 100% packed. I just have to pack the rest of my clothes. I shaved my goatee off this morning. I'm gonna grow it out again. I pull on my jeans. I go in one of the boxes to get a shirt. 

"Jughead we are here" Kevin says walking in my room with Veronica and Cheryl.

"Guys can you knock" I say and cover my chest.

"Jug we've all have practically seen you naked" Cheryl says and sits on my bed.

"Why'd you bring Cheryl and Ronnie?" I ask Kevin and pull any shirt on.

"They're going to help me pick a ring with you" he says.

"So you plan on marring my cousin" Cheryl asks.

"If she says yes" I say.

"No doubt she will she loves you more than anything" Veronica says.

"Okay Jughead hurry up we have a lot of places to got to" Kevin says.

"Alright"

May 23, 2019           1:32 pm

"Okay how about this one Kevin says and points to a huge Diamond ring.

"No Betty won't like that" Cheryl says.

"Well I wasn't asking you I was asking Jug" Kevin says.

"You know wh--"

"Can both of you guys be quiet please" I say and look at the both of them.

"What's taking so long to pick out a ring. We've been to 3 jewelry stores just fucking pick one" Veronica says.

"It has to be perfect V" I say and she rolls her eyes.

"just because your marriage didn't work out doesn't mean you get to be sour about other people's" Cheryl says.

"I am not being sour about it" Veronica says.

"You totally were" Kevin says.

"Okay can you guys go find somewhere to eat and text me once you get there" I ask and they nod and leave.

Then I find the perfect ring "Ill take this one"

583 words