Chapter 26- Fuck Do You Know Anything

May 12, 2019       12:22 pm
Jughead POV

I'm sitting in Betty's Hospital room. She's still didn't wake up yet. She's breathing on her own but not awake.

"Is she getting better?" My dad asks.

"I don't know...They won't know until she wakes up. But everything right now is looking great" Hal says.

"Dad?" I hear Betty say.

"Betty, hey Baby how you feeling" Hal says.

"My chest hurts" She says and coughs.

"Hey Betty, calm down" Hal says and she keeps coughing. Then some monitor starts beeping.

"Dad what's going on?" I ask.

"Come on Jug" Fp says.

"What's going on? Dad!" I ask as he pulls me out of the room.

"I don't know" He says and sits me down. So i guess we are in a waiting room.

"What did she look like?" I ask.

He sighs "I don't know"

I groan and stand up "Fuck do you know anything? I can't do this. I need to see her. I need to...I need to get the surgery. Its my fault she's here because if I was able to see we wouldn't have fought and she would be at my house right now. Not in some fucking hospital bed. So Dad make calls. Tell my Doctor I'm gonna need the surgery as soon as possible." I say.

"Okay" He says.

May 12, 2019       12:24 pm
Betty POV

I hear noises like people talking. Then I can clearly hear my dad talking.

"...Looking great" I hear him say. I open my eyes and see him and Fp. I look over to my right and see jughead sitting on one of the benches in the room.

"Dad" I say and he looks at me.

"Betty hey baby how you feeling?" He brushes some hair out of my face.

I take a deep breath which was a bad idea by the way because now my chest is burning. "My chest hurts" I say and start coughing.

"Hey betty, calm down." Dad says and I can't stop. I couldn't breath. No air coming in or out. I start panicking. Am I gonna die? Oh shit I don't wanna die like this. Air starts coming in. I open my eyes I didn't even know I closed them.

I see nurses standing around the room and my dad standing at the door. I have an oxygen mask on me. I feel tired.

"Ms. Cooper how you feeling?"  My doctor asks me. I don't have the energy to respond so I give her a thumbs up and I my eyes fall shut.

May 13, 2019     10:12 am
Jughead POV

I'm at my doctors appointment before my surgery. I'm nervous. very nervous.

"Jug take a deep breath everything's gonna be fine okay" My dad says.

"Okay" I say.

"Good Morning" My doctor says.

"Morning"

"I heard you're ready for the surgery. what made you change your mind" He asks.

"My girlfriend" I say.

"Of course you never told me you had a girlfriend what's her name."

"Betty Cooper" I smile.

"Wow Jughead smiling must be head over heels in love with her" He laughs.

"He is" My dad says.

"Isn't she like a model?" My doctor asks.

"Yeah I still can't believe she wants to be with me out of all people" i say.

"Well you're a lucky man. Okay So now I'm gonna have to tell you about the side effects of the surgery kay" He says.

"Yeah sure" I say.

"Okay so some people experienced sensitivity to light. People have had headaches, dizziness and fatigue. Also some have had seizures"

"Like right after the surgery only?" My dad asks.

"No like once or twice weekly maybe monthly" My doctor says.

"Jughead are you sure you want to do this?" My dad asks me.

"Yeah dad I've had a seizure before. and you've been asking me to get this surgery for how long now, and you're doubting me?" I say.

"Jug you were six and I'm just asking? Okay " he says.

"Fine but yeah I'm getting the surgery" I say.

"Okay i'll schedule it for the 15th, i call you about it alright"

664 words