Chapter 1

"I never noticed how much I hated silence," Korra laughed, cradling Yasuko in her arms as Asami laid her head on her shoulder. They'd been sitting in the quiet for a few minutes now, since Yasuko had fallen asleep.

"I know. It's weird. I used to enjoy quietness, but now that I'm a parent it feels as though I can't live without it," Asami yawned. "The last time we had pure silence was seven months ago, before she was born."

"It feels like just yesterday I was too nervous to be your friend because you were too pretty. Now I'm married to you, the most gorgeous human in the world, and we have a baby together. Weird, isn't it?" Korra asked. She didn't get a response. "Sami? You still there?"

She looked down and Asami's eyes were closed. Korra admired how beautiful her and Yasuko were. Soft black curls, long dark eyelashes, and light freckles scattered throughout their faces. Yasuko and Asami looked exactly alike when they were asleep.

She had to be the most lucky woman in the world, to be married to Asami. Especially after everything they'd been through together, every bad thing Korra had done, every argument they'd been in. They were still going strong. And Korra knew nothing could ruin their relationship, nothing could come between them.

Korra was finally happy with herself and her life. Her family, her friends, her body, everything. Everything was perfect. But almost....

Almost too perfect.

She had a gut feeling that something bad was going to happen. She didn't know what, and she didn't even know if it was true, but she tried not to think about it too much. It could just be a trauma response for all she knew; her brain constantly expecting something bad to happen.

Either way, she just wanted to enjoy her family and focus on the things that mattered.