Chapter 3

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS ABUSE, SELF HARM, RAPE, AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

Korra set Kaia down on the floor. She couldn't tell if Kaia was lying or not because her feet weren't on the ground.

"Okay....follow me and sit down with your feet planted on the ground. We're going to ask you a few questions," Korra lead her into the kitchen and pulled a chair out for her to sit down on before sitting across from Kaia.

"Don't bother lying. She'll know," Kuvira said.

Kaia nodded.

"Okay so first question," Korra began, "What is your name, age, birthday, and where are you from?"

"My name is Kaia, I'm fourteen years old and was born on March 18. I'm from the Southern Water Tribe."

Korra gave a nod to tell Kuvira that Kaia was telling the truth.

"Next question," Korra said. "Who are your parents?"

"My parents are Tonraq, Chief of the Southern Water Tribe, and his wife Senna."

Korra gulped. Kaia wasn't lying. This was her sister.

"I umm...did you know I existed? Did you know you had an older sister?"

"No. I recently saw a picture of you on the news as the fiancé of Asami Sato and realized how much you looked like me. I didn't think anything of it at first but then...."

"Then what?" Kuvira asked. Korra just sat there silently.

"I woke up a few days ago and Mom and Dad were missing. A note was left and it said something about this being a warning for the Avatar. I began to connect the dots and did my research to find out that my parents had another daughter thirteen years before I was born, and I realized that whoever took them probably thought I was you. We do look alike, but that means that someone out there knows that you're the Avatar. Which is why I'm here now."

Korra was frozen. She had a little sister. Who happened to be born around the time her parents sent her away. Everything that Kaia was saying was the truth and that was the scariest part.

"Korra, what's going on?" A sleepy voice asked from behind her. Korra turned around and saw Asami looking from her to Kaia and back.

"Uhm...Sami, this is my little sister Kaia. Kaia, this is-"

"Oh my god....Asami Sato! You're like totally super cool. You're inventions are amazing. Wait, I'm not saying you aren't amazing too, because you totally are and you'd have to be to come up with you're amazing inventions and you're so smart and beautiful and you have really nice eyes and- and..." Kaia blushed and her eyes widened as she realized what she said. "Oh my spirits. Why did I say that? Wait I'm not saying you aren't beautiful and you don't have nice eyes, but it's really embarrassing and you're probably weirded out at the fact that some random ass fourteen year old girl is flirting with you and...You know what I'm done. Sorry, I ramble sometimes, ADHD. Why are you so tall? You're like a giraffe. Or am I just really short?"

"Woah, woah, woah, can we take it back a little bit?" Asami said, clearly confused, "You have a sister and you never told me?"

"I just found out myself....I don't even...this is a lot to process...I'm going for a walk," Korra got up and walked away and they heard the front door slam shut.

"I'm going after her. Asami, watch Yasuko and Korra Junior," Kuvira said, running after her.

"Hey," Asami smiled nervously.

"Does the name Unalaq mean anything to you?" Kaia asked. Asami's eyes widened.

With Korra and Kuvira