Chapter 24

Author's Note

I am this close 🤌🏾 to making a Kaia x Jinora omegaverse story.

But anyways...

This chapter will alternate between what different characters are going through. I'll put a header saying the character before each switch.

Now enjoy.

End Author's Note

Korra

When they walked in, they were hit by a terrifying ambush of ice daggers. Korra and Kya got in front of everyone, bending the daggers to create a frozen dome above them. They were the only two waterbenders.

"GO!" Kya yelled. "YOU AND KAIA GO DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO! WE'LL COVER YOU!"

A small opening was in the dome with just enough space to crawl under and get out.

Kaia and Korra rolled under, sprinting down the hall. They got past but not without ice bullets whizzing past them.

Once they were in the hall they slowed down, walking at a fast pace. They heard the others fighting with Eska and Desna behind them. From the sounds of it, Eska and Desna were extremely strong, because it was a whole group effort to go against them.

Kaia stopped outside of a closed door, looking down. The energy emitting from the room was unsettling. "This is where I um...this is where I killed them..."

Proof of it was a pool of dried blood leaking from under the door. From the gunshot wounds in their heads.

Korra put a hand on Kaia's shoulder and forced her to move forward. "Don't think about it. He's just trying to get into your head. Y-"

"Oh Korraaaaaa~" a tantalizing voice echoed through the halls. It was Asami's.

Korra looked down at Kaia. "Are you sure you want to face Unalaq alone?"

"Yes. Positively positive."

Korra wrapped her arms around Kaia. "I really don't want to leave you...but just know that whatever happens here today, I'm proud of you. I'm proud to call you my baby sister."

"I'm proud to call you my big sister. You stay safe, okay? Keep your head on a swivel. I love you, Korra."

"I love you too, Kaia. Just don't forget that." Korra kissed the top of her head and held her for a little bit longer.

They finally pulled away. This was where they had to split.

And that's what they did.

As Korra continued walking, she felt a force pulling her towards a room. An aggressive force. As she got closer, she felt the need to attack.

She opened the large double doors, and inside there was a long walkway leading to a platform in the middle of the huge spacious room. Underneath there was pure blackness, what seemed to be a never-ending void.

She saw a tall figure standing in the middle of the platform. About 6'6" with blood-red skin, piercing coal black irises, and long straight ink black hair.

Asami stood in front of him, her eye color matching his. Korra was now on the platform with less than ten feet between them.

"We've been expecting you," the red man spoke, his voice deep. It sent an unpleasant chill up her spine. That was when she knew that it wasn't just a man...it was Vaatu. In his human form.

"Hello Korra." Asami said. Her voice was flat. Emotionless. Like she was having a conversation with a stranger who held no importance to her whatsoever.