Chapter 11

Jinora woke up and was confused to not see Kaia sleeping next to her. She knew things would be awkward after the almost-kiss, but she didn't think that Kaia would sleep somewhere else.....

She went downstairs for a glass of water and sure enough Kaia was asleep on the couch, soundly, without her.

She didn't realize that she had clutched the cup so tight that it shattered in her hand which sliced her palm open.

Fuck.

She used her non-injured hand to create an air bubble around the broken pieces before they could hit the ground and bent them into the trash. Luckily Asami kept a first aid kit in every room of the house since she lived with two assassins who happened to be best friends that argued all the time, so Jinora opened the cabinet and took it out.

She took her shirt off and stuffed it in her mouth before pouring peroxide over the cut, holding back a scream. She wrapped it up with gauze tape before finally taking the shirt out of her mouth and releasing a deep shaky breath.

She didn't bother putting the shirt back on since it would get ruined by her sweat anyway, she headed to the gym after putting on a pair of black Adidas joggers with white stripes on the side that belonged to Meelo but she stole anyway.

Jinora wasn't surprised to see Korra already there, aggressively hitting a dummy with only a sports bra and red sweatpants that belonged to Asami that were rolled up slightly at the ankles, and a pair of the padded fingerless gloves they used for sparring. She noticed a tattoo that covered her whole left arm and stopped at the right side of her chest, it was definitely something cultural for the water tribes judging by the waves and designs she could make out, and in one particularly large wave Jinora, Asami, Kuvira, and Yasuko's names were tattooed. Jinora remembered reading that in the water tribe they would tattoo the names of the people most important in their lives outside of the family they were born into. The permanent ink was symbolic because they wanted whoever's name was tattooed to share a bond with them forever. They could get the tattoos as young as 16 and add onto it since then.

A layer of sweat covered Korra's body, her muscles glistening under the dim light as she danced around the object of assault. Jinora also took note of the Raava tattoo on her back, which was also in dark blue ink, and the tattoo on her hip that said Asami Sato's Property.

"Why are you up so early, Nora?" Korra panted, not taking her eyes off the bag. "It's only three am. You should be asleep."

"I couldn't sleep."

"I figure you came to hang out in the gym?"

"Yeah. I'll just be using the other punching bag, so just ignore me," Jinora put on the other pair of gloves.

"Wait, Jinora," Korra finally stopped hitting. "Want me to hold it for you?"

"Yeah." Jinora walked over to the punching bag and Korra held it firmly.

"Just uhh....take your frustrations out on it. I can handle it," Korra assured her.

"Stupid bag."

Jinora gave two quick jabs.

"Stupid Hiroshi and Unalaq."

She picked up the pace of her punches.

"Stupid kiss."

She punched even harder.

"Stupid Miya!"

She was adding airbending now without realizing.

"Stupid feelings!"

Tears burned her eyes and threatened to escape.

"Stupid Kaia!"