Chapter 23

Trigger Warning. Y'all know what to expect at this point.

Jinora was chained against a wall, her arms chained above her head. There was a dried pool of blood on the ground underneath her and blood splattered on the wall behind her, but it wasn't hers. Torture for her hadn't begun yet. But a washcloth had been stuffed in her mouth to prevent her from talking.

Unalaq walked in and turned on a light. "I just realized you are in the same exact spot I had Kaia. All of that dried blood is hers. She was interesting to torture; She never screamed, no matter how deep I cut or how much pressure I put behind the knife. In fact, the only time she ever showed an emotion other than cockiness was when I bloodbent her and killed her parents. You should have seen her....crying, screaming, begging for me to stop and do anything but that."

Jinora made an angry scream through her gag and lurched forward, using her hands to grab onto the chain above the cuffs as she spun her body, sending a sharp blade of air towards Unalaq. It grazed his shoulder, taking off the fabric and leaving the skin where it hit bloody and raw. She prepared herself for another attack, ready to airbend the lock free.

Unalaq held a finger up and made tsk sound, smirking evilly. "In case I need to remind you, all Vaatu has to do is snap his fingers and your precious little Ikki is dead."

Jinora's eyes widened. She stood down, going back into the vulnerable position.

Back At Sato Mansion

Cyra had walked in carrying Kaia, who had passed out at some point in the car after giving directions. It didn't look good on her part at all.

They had gotten the whole group there within a minute and Korra was now trying to search her.

"Uh, I'd really prefer if you didn't search me...can I just go?"

Cyra was aware of how sketchy this looked. Her, a teen with a bunch of piercings that literally looked like a criminal, walking into a mansion carrying a passed out girl in her arms. She was honestly just thankful that she didn't get arrested the second she walked through the door.

"How do we know we can trust you?" Korra asked. "You show up carrying my knocked out baby sister, and no one here even knows you!"

"Hey, that's not true!" Cyra defended herself. "Uh...the girl I brought in knows me."

"So the only person you know is currently unconscious?" Kai asked. "That's reassuring and comforting."

"I'm not a bad guy! I was at the girl with the Sky tattoo's house delivering food, and then the girl with the Ocean eyes showed up like a minute later. When she went in the door was unlocked. She hit the light switch, and whoever took Sky set up a fire trap so that whoever turned on the light got hit with a blast. I sensed the flame and pushed Ocean out of the way, but I guess the heat was too much for her because she got pale and couldn't stand. I swear I'm not evil. I just can't be searched."

Kaia suddenly woke up and sprinted to the kitchen, puking in the garbage can. "If you-" she tried to speak but gagged from more vomit coming up. She held up a finger to excuse herself before throwing up in the garbage can again. "Ew. That wasn't very charming. Anyways. If you guys don't leave the poor kid alone, they're nice. They saved me twice today."

She came back into the living room and sat on the couch, massaging her temples with her fingers. "Fuck my head hurts. I barely even remember what happened, I was at Jinora's apartment and then... Jinora...Jinora! Unalaq has Jinora! I need a laptop!" She then pointed to Cyra. "You...fuck I forgot your name...hot delinquent bitch with the white eyes, white brows, white bangs, and sexy piercings...I'ma call you Pierce. Pierce, can you help me?"