Chapter 4

Three Weeks Later

It was November 3 and Kaia was taking Naga for a walk. Well....more like Naga was walking her. She didn't know what she was thinking, her, a fourteen year old girl who was 5'5 and weighed 132 pounds in muscle, trying to take a large husky who weighed at least 200 pounds on a walk.

So she wasn't at all surprised when Naga ran home without her. She ran after her and someone on a bike hit her, sending her tumbling on the road. She brought a hand up to her head and felt a cut on her right eyebrow, the right knee to her jeans was cut open and there was a scrape.

"Oh spirits, are you okay?" A soft voice asked.

"Are you crazy?! You should watch where your.....go....ing....." Kaia froze and felt her face heat up when she saw the girl who hit her.

The girl had dark brown hair cut into a short bob with a small bun on top and brown eyes. She was wearing red jeans and a yellow sweatshirt that said Acolytes in white fading block letters with white vans and white socks. Kaia noticed sky blue arrow tattoos on the girl's forehead and hands.

"I'm sooo sorry!" The girl reached down and grabbed Kaia's hand, helping her stand up. "Are you related to Korra by any chance?"

"I...uhhh....why?" Kaia still couldn't even speak. Stupid gay panic.

"Because you look and act just like her," the girl said.

"Yeah we are related. She's kinda my big sister that I didn't know existed until a few weeks ago," Kaia rubbed the back of her neck. "Oh and my name is Kaia."

"I'm Jinora. So I'm guessing that you are the extremely smart teenage girl who's been staying with them?" Jinora asked.

"Smart? What about me gave you that impression?" Kaia joked.

"Well Asami said something about a girl my age who she thought I would get along with and my parents said I would be staying with Korra and Asami. You also give me the 'I'm extremely smart but I lack common sense' vibes. Just like Korra."

Kaia felt her face heat up again. This girl read her like a book. "So uhh....I'm guessing that you're on the way to my sister's house now?"

"Yes actually. I'll walk the rest of the way with you."

~~~~~

"Korra Junior! You're back!" Kuvira lifted Kaia into the air in a bear hug the second she walked into the door. Kaia groaned.

It wasn't like she didn't like Kuvira, she actually loved her. But the woman was really strong and sometimes forgot it.

"Hey...Kuvira...would you mind putting me down? I can't breathe-" Kaia gasped.

"Leave the poor child alone," a new voice said. Kaia saw a woman with straight black hair and golden eyes leaning against the wall.

"Fine," Kuvira huffed and put Kaia down. "Oh yeah, this is my friend Zila. Zila, this is Korra Junior and Arrowhead Junior. Just call them KJ and AJ."

"For the last time, my name is Kaia!" Kaia groaned, throwing her hands in the air hopelessly with a frustrated pout.

"Nice to meet you, Zila. My real name is Jinora, but I guess AJ or Arrowhead Junior works too," Jinora held her hand out and Zila shook it.

"What happened to your eyebrow?" Kuvira asked, pointing to the jagged scar. "Who did it? I'll kill them."

"About that....Jinora kinda ran me over with her bike. But it's fine, I don't really feel anything," Kaia said.