Shock Factor

I woke up the next morning in Reesh's arms, it wasn't the heat radiating from his body that woke me up.. I was about to throw up! I felt horrible. I pride myself from him and ran straight for the bathroom, releasing my stomachs contents into the toilet.. Well, that's just fucking peachy. I heard a small gasp behind me as I turned to see Reesh watching in sheer terror, I just held my hand up telling him I was fine. Must be a stomach bug going around.

After getting all of the vile out of my system I brushed my teeth then joined Reesh in the kitchen "hungry?" I nodded, I was extremely hungry! Figures, I mean I just emptied what felt like my entire stomach... He laid a plate of scrambled eggs in front of me with two pieces of bacon and some toast. I didn't wait for him to sit and eat I just began shoveling food into my mouth... "Wow... Umm, Ivy are you okay?" I nodded not really getting what he was talking about. Until he motioned his fork towards my plate... It was practically empty and I was still hungry... Now I've never been one to starve myself but I've never eaten this much food..EVER. I squinted my eyes trying to think of possible reasons but none came to mind.. Oh well.

I was rather tired, I myself was up and ready to go enjoy the day but my body said otherwise. "It's too bad you feel bad, we only have limited time before its back to America" I smiled at Reesh's nice comment "do you think I would eventually blend in here?" I asked in a hushed voice "of course! You'd blend anywhere.. People already love you here. Why?" I just shrugged. I began thinking about maybe... Staying here but my stomach ache increased, I needed some medicine or something "Reesh, imma go to the store real quick" I knew my way there but Reesh grabbed my hand "you sure you don't want me to drive you? I mean you don't feel good, so let me drive" I smiled and shook my head "nah, I'll be okay" I kissed his cheek and grabbed my purse while heading out not even caring I was in grey sweatpants and dark blue loose tee shirt. I'm just in one of those moods that I want to be comfortable.

As I sat in the car I adjusted the seats, damn my shortness... After everything was done I took off down the road. It was a matter of time before I reached the small store, I parked and walked in. It was rather empty except for a few gawking teen boys and an older lady paying for what looked like cat food. I walked down the isle that looked as if the medicine would be kept there, I scanned the racks and eventually found some generic Pepto "well... That'll work" I said under my breathe.. As I got ready to turn and leave I noticed a bright purple rectangular box 'mothers pride' read the label translated underneath the german label, It's a pregnancy test. I remember my cousin and her friends and I going into stores and buying them as a joke... Never for real use, we'd of course pee on them and try to freak out our parents by having someone who we knew was knocked up pee on them.. Oh the trouble we received when pulling those pranks. ' I think I'll buy them just for the nostalgia' I thought to myself as I picked one up and went to pay for my things as I purchased another pack of cigs for Reesh. The cashier whose name tag read 'Roslyn' gave me a wide eyed look when she scanned the pregnancy test and I just smiled internally laying at the judgements she must be making in her head.

After paying I got back to the car in haste, it began pouring while I was inside but on the bright side of things my stomach ache was relieving a little so I'm assuming if I actually take the Pepto it'll go all the way away. I began driving when my phone rang, and if you know me at all I never talk and drive! So I put it on speaker in the seat beside me "hello?" I asked not taking my eyes off the road "Ivy?" That voice... It belonged to someone I didn't want to hear from.. That deep voice I used to idolize for so long, before I seen his true character. It was Till. "What's up Till?" I asked as pleasantly as I could muster, I mean he must understand I'm still royally pissed at him. "Ivy, I want to see you" I rolled my eyes while stopping at a stop light "I don't think Richard would like that very much Till.." I couldn't hide the annoyance in my voice "wait, are you and Richard really together?" Are you serious?! The red light hanged to green and I began driving again "yes Till, I wasn't lying" I heard a sad sigh "oh... Well maybe you could not tell him-" I interrupted him "what exactly are you wanting Till? Why do you want to see me?" There was a pause "I-I just want to know you're not mad at me..." Aww.. Wait! No! Bad Ivy! Don't fall for his victim card! "I'm not mad at you Till... Disappointed maybe but all in all everything worked out how it was supposed to" I heard him scoff on the other end... I just sighed "Till... I'm going to be honest, I probably would have been with you... But I would have always have had stronger feelings for Richard than you. It's better you know it now than later, right?" I felt like I was talking to a child "I guess..I got to go" good. "Okay, bye Till" and I hung up.. Poor guy.. Wait, why do I feel bad for him?! He's a douche... But is he? Is he really? Ugh.

By the time I got back to the hotel, the rain was still pouring down.. Ugh! Can this day go any wronger? I decided I wouldn't inform Richard of Till's awkward phone call, it'd just be unnecessary drama. I ran into the building clutching the little black bag in my hands with a death grip. I wanted to turn and give the rain a big 'F U' but I'm sure insulting Mother Nature wouldn't help my situation any.. As I got to the room I opened the door to see Reesh in his normal spot watching tv "welcome back!" I smiled as I made my way to him "thank you, I missed you" he raised his eyebrows "really?" I smiled my flirtatious smile "you know it!" I dug in my bag and tossed him the cigarettes I had bought him "thanks, love" I smiled and nodded "I'm going to go drink this in the bathroom.. Just in case" he understood very clearly.

I stood in the bathroom opening the pregnancy test and giggling like I was fourteen again, the memories came flooding back.. My parents constantly yelling when they'd find the packaging in the garbage bins, or the talks I'd get on the 'birds and bees' oh hilarious, wonderful times those were and here I am again... A few years later peeing on one to relive the experience. After it was done I placed it on the sink and took some Pepto. After that went smoother than planned my tummy felt at total rest, the calm after the storm so to say. I picked the test up and carried it into the bedroom and slid it into the tables drawer beside my bed. I can't wait to come back and read that negative, my cousin Lotus always said the only time she wanted to see a negative sign on a test was when it was on one of these pregnancy tests. I couldn't help but snicker at the fond memories of Lotus, she was a good girl. She died a few summers back.. Anyone remember the Fayetteville killer? Well, she fell victim to him... It was a shock to us all. Oh well, what's in the past is in the past. Or at least that's what my old physiatrist used to tell me. But somehow this makes me feel like I'm connected to her some how...

My happy mood, still intact made me want to do something but what? I walked into the kitchen and pulled out a gallon of Neapolitan ice cream. I scooped practically all the chocolate and vanilla ice cream in a small bowl not touching the strawberry because strawberries can screw themselves.. Yuck! I lured chocolate syrup all over it, then the whipped cream and last but not least a cherry on top "you're still hungry?" I frowned "yes..." What's it matter?! I like food! I pulled out a spoon and sat down, eating my ice cream... What's the big deal? I'm hungry.. I have been for a while. Geez. "You okay, Ivy?" He asked turning the tv off I nodded not even worried enough to stop eating. "Okay... Hurry and eat I'd like to nap with you" ooooh... A nap does sound pretty nice. I eventually finishes and went and got in bed with Reesh "hi" I whispered as he opened his eyes to look at me "hey" we both giggled as he tucked a small loose strand of hair behind my ear. That's how I fell asleep... To Reesh petting my hair.

I woke to a dry mouth so I just got up without bothering Reesh and went to the bathroom to grab a sip of water from the sink.. Big mistake the water tasted like iron... I spit what I could out, but I was so disgusted. I made my way to the other bed, my bed to be exact and opened the drawer, it must had been at least an hour since I'd taken the test.. Time to see that sweet negative! As I pulled it out I couldn't see so I turned on the lamp with a stupid grin on my face. I slowly let my eyes wander over the stick until I noticed something.... There was no negative sign but instead it was replaced with a positive symbol... What!? How?! When!? I can't be a mom! I'm too young! How'd this happen? The first night! The very first night Reesh and I had sex he did the 'pull out method' it must not have worked! Oh god! How do I tell Reesh? He's going to be fucking pissed! This explains the mood swings and constant hunger.. Why God? Why me? Why now? I have so many questions... I'm just now eighteen. I'm a child having a child for Christ's sake! My dads going to kill me if not Reesh. Maybe I should just not tell him? No.. How am I supposed to later explain a baby bump forming? Fuck man... I felt tears slide down my cheek... But not in sadness, I had always wanted to be a mom.. Not this soon of course but none the less. And it's with the man of my dreams! Maybe he'll welcome the baby with open loving arms. "Ivy? What's wrong?" Shit! How do I say this? I slowly turned to face him "what is it baby? Why are you crying? It's okay, you know you can tell me anything" I nodded and took a deep breathe "I'm pregnant.." His face contorted into the deepest angriest frown I had ever seen... Uh oh.

A/N: the feels guys! Ugh. Okay well if you got emotional on this chapter, well just wait for the next one ;) it's an emotional roller coaster so buckle up loves! Haha [+] ~A