The day the earth stood still

August 2009

Everything had been going ok for us, I just buried my head in the sand until the day I was forced to face facts and reality in the harshest way possible.

I'm now 8 months pregnant with the twins and practically housebound. As I'm too big to get around. I'm sitting upstairs on our bed with Ava, asleep by me as Leo is at school and Dutch is at work when my phone rings.

Its Emily, we had words when all the truth about the guys came out, and have sort of been in a weird truce since, but not as close as we all were originally.

As I answer the phone I can hear that Emily is clearly upset. "Emily what's wrong?" 

"Ness, Mike has just been arrested" she can barely breathe.

"Honey calm down, tell me what's happened?" I'm worried now.

"The police came to arrest him at the house, they have took him in for questioning I'm so scared Ness."

"Ok I'm coming over, give me 10 minutes and I'll grab Ava and jump in a cab." I'm really worried, and have a bad feeling In my stomach.

As I'm getting my things together, my phone rings again and it's a number i dont recognise. I answer it a bit confused.

"Hi Vanessa its Carl from Dutchs work, he told me to call you and tell you..." he pauses and I have a sickening feeling.

"Tell me what? Tell me what?" I'm getting impatient now and worried.

"Vanessa, he has been arrested, the cops just came here and took him away."

"Oh my god, did they say why?"

"No, but he just told me to let you know so you could sort stuff out for him." I thank him for calling me and hang up the phone. I get straight onto his parents and let them know, his dad says that they will head down the station now with the lawyer.

My head is spinning, I also let Emily know what happened and then Bobby. Bobby grabs Leo from school for me and him and Emily come over to my house.

"What the fuck are we going to do? We know what this is about dont we? Fucking stupid Dutch and his brainless selfish ideas." Emily snaps.

"Fuck you Emily you cant put this all on Dutch, Mike didn't have to go along with it"

"Girls, please dont argue, or turn against each other, if this gets as bad as I think it will you are going to need each other for support." Bobby intervenes.

"Sorry Ness, I'm just scared really scared I cant lose him neither can Bodhi!"

"What about me? Do you think I can bring four kids up without Dutch? We both stand to lose so much that's why I'm pissed at them two they never thought of this or us at all." I say now in tears.

"Bobby, do you think it will be bad then?" Emily looks at him scared.

"I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, but it depends what the cops know but they ain't walking away from this with just a slap on the wrist."

Theres a knock at the door, which Bobby goes to answer. I hear that it's the police and my heart sinks. I stand up with Emily's help and go to the door. They have a warrant to search our property. I call Leo to come and sit with us while they conduct the search.