Time for the Truth??

The rest of the party goes well and is pretty uneventful, everyone is getting drunk and rowdy playing loud music, the kids are loving having their dad back and Leo is loving the fact that the guys are allowing him to have a drink with them and he feels like one of the guys.

I do notice that Dutch keeps his eye on me and Bobby and is always watching when the two of us are in the same room.

I'm in the kitchen with Emily grabbing more drinks for us all as the guys are outside having a cigarette.  The party is winding down now and it's only the couples and a few others left over.

Angela walks into the kitchen and goes to pour herself a drink. "Vanessa, can I talk to you please?" This is literally the most she has ever spoke to me like ever.

""Yeah of course you can." I say plastering a smile on my face, Emily reads the room and makes her excuses and heads outside to find Mike.

"You dont like me very much do you? which is a shame as I think we would get on if you just gave me the chance." I go to talk but she stops me "I know you care about Bobby and he thinks so highly of you and you and him were such good friends. I dont know what happened between you two and I wont pry but it would mean the world to me if you could put your differences aside and come to the wedding."

"Angela, you are right I dont know you at all and I havent given you the chance and that is totally on me. The reason me and Bobby fell out is just silliness now and in no way your fault and I'm sorry if I have made you feel uncomfortable in any way, that was never my intention." 

"Its ok, I would just really like us to be friends, Bobby said we could be great friends and I would love that and for you to be a part of our wedding."

"I would like that too." Knowing full well that it would be damn right impossible right now, things just arent good between me and Bobby and I wonder if Angela has an ulterior motive does she suspect something that's why she wants to keep me close....or am I just being totally paranoid.

I look outside and see Bobby and Dutch watching our exchange, ok maybe I'm not paranoid after all.

I ask her to help me with the drinks and head outside, its only, Johnny, Carmen, Mike, Emily and Bobby and Angela left now as well as our crazy kids and Miguel who just had to come to the party to meet Dutch after hearing all the stories about him from Johnny.

I go and sit on Dutchs lap like old times to snuggle in close to him against the cool night air. The guys are telling stories about Tommy and we all make a toast in his memory.

When we can see it's late and everyone is past drunk and looking sleepy, Dutchs sees everyone out so that we can be left in peace for the night, I start to tidy up the bottles and plates from the garden.

As I'm cleaning up I hear the door open as I see Bobby coming back outside, shouting inside to the others that he was just looking for his coat, but clearly just making an excuse to come back out here.

"What do you want Bobby? Your coat isnt out here and you know it?" I snap quietly as he comes up behind me.

"I just wanted to apologise to you, I'm sorry that I've been an ass and rude to you. I should have told you about my engagement and wedding. I just want it to be like how it was before between us, I miss you...as a friend that is."