𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚂𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

☞︎︎︎𝑯𝒐𝒈𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔☜︎︎︎

Together, they stepped off of the train and into the cold night.

"Firs' years this way! Firs' years follow me."

His loud voice rang through the platform, alerting the crowd of noisy children to follow him. Hestia timidly followed the others. The young girl didn't know where they were going, only where they would end up. In the moment it's slightly scary, blindly following strangers with a group of naiive children. Hestia didn't consider it at the time. She wasn't exposed to the horrors of the world. She wasn't taught about the demons that lurked In the shadows. She was shielded from the hate and anger of the world. She was innocent and years later, she wished it stayed that way.

Hestia followed Harry and Ron who made their way to the front of the crowd. What the young girl didn't expect to see was an 8ft man smiling down at her. In a way, he reminded Hestia of santa Claus. With his jolly face and wider frame. The man gave Harry a kind smile before turning around and guiding them all out of the station.

"That's Hagrid, he's the one that told me about Hogwarts and took me to diagon alley." Harry told her and Ron.

"He seems nice." Hestia smiled.

She wondered why Harry got invited to Hogwarts in person but decided not to mention it. If he wanted her to know, then he would have done so.

Soon enough, they arrived at a lake that was littered with wooden boats. They couldn't see much of their surroundings as they only had a couple of lamps lighting their way.

"Right, all o' yer into a boat! Four to a boat."

The trio climbed into a small boat followed by another boy that Hestia didn't know. Not that she minded, the more the merrier. They all joked around as the others crammed into the magical boats. Ron nearly fell out however that was a story for another time.

The boats glided gracefully across the silky waters and the stars in the sky seemed brighter than normal, glittering in the sea below them. The girls grey eyes were transfixed on them, watching them dance in the ripples like ballerinas. Harry also noticed them and their familiarity. They reminded his of the girl beside him. The way they shine in the darkness. How they twinkle like a diamond. It's almost hypnotic.

Gasps and whispered surfaced around them, pulling them out of their trance. The girl looked up at the castle ahead of her. Lanterns floated around it, lighting every crevice possible. It looked majestic and powerful in ways that no words could do justice. Hestia's eyes widened at the sight, amazed. She looked around at everyone else's wonderstruck
expression. Some pointed, some stared in awe and some were attempting to tip the boat (three guesses who).

______________________________________

After a very long struggle attempting to exit the boats, the first years finally  entered the castle.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." At the top of the stairs stood a tall woman with a stoic expression. Hestia's thought thought, 'scary'. She could tell immediately that she did not want to get on this woman's bad side. Though, she did have something about her. She had kind eyes. You can always tell something about someone by their eyes.

"Now, in a few minutes you will walk through those doors and join your classmates. But first, you must be sorted into your houses. Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin."

Some people grinned at the mention of Slytherin, whilst others grimaced. It was clear to Hestia that there was some controversy about the houses.

" Now while you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs, will gain you house points. Any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will win the house Cup." A boy ran out from the crowd and swiftly picked up a from from beside the woman's feet. Giggles erupted from the crowd of children as he timidly walked back to the group, clearly uncomfortable. Hestia couldn't help but feel bad.

" The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." With that, the woman walked away.

Instantaneously, a voice came from behind them.

"So it's true? Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

Hestia and the boys turned to look at the boy. His hair was bright blonde and slicked back with an excessive amount of gel. Despite its greasy look, Hestia had a feeling that it would be hard as rock with all of the product built up on it.

"This is Crabbe, and that's Goyle. I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." He stood up with a smirk, standing directly in front of Harry. Hestia heard Ron snigger and looked at him with a frown. She supposed his name was sort of funny, but didn't dare say it out loud. The girl didn't want to hurt the poor boys feelings.

Draco's smirk vanished.

"You think my name is funny do you? See no reason to ask yours. Red hair and hand me down robes? You must be a Weasley."

Hestia saw Ron pull a face. What's wrong with being a Weasley?

"You'll soon realise that some wizarding family's are better than others, Potter. Don't go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." The smirk returned to his pale face as Ron glared at him.

"I'm sorry, but that sounded a little rude." Hestia spoke up, a frown glossing over her pretty face.

Draco looked over, an incredulous look on his face. After a moment, he scoffed and turned back to Harry.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort on my own, thanks." He pulled Hestia and Ron away, leaving an angry Draco behind.

Hello! I am literally DYING! NOONE told me picking GCSE options would be so hard gahhh.

Anyhow, drink and eat if you haven't already!

All my love <3