Cʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀ Oғ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs- Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2

☞︎︎︎𝑅𝑒𝑠𝑐𝑢𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛☜︎︎︎

The pale moonlight slipped through the window, softly illuminating the small bedroom. Hestia listened to Ginny's soft breathing, the girl now in a deep sleep. It was around midnight and Hestia was waiting for the boys signal, anxious to get out of the room. The brunette had been laying on the bed for hours, tired yet restless. Hestia couldn't sleep even if she tried, too worried about her friend for her mind to rest.

A faint whistle rang out through the house, making Hestia's head shoot up. She quickly tiptoed out of the bedroom, stealthy as to not wake up her roommate. Soft fingers wrapped around the door handle, pulling it open and the girl slipped out of the room. Hestia somehow slid down the stairs and into the living room undetected, the rest of the family resting peacefully. The room was pitch black, as if a blindfold had been placed over the girls eyes.

A hand softly gripped Hestia's, making the girl jump slightly before realising who it was.

"Shh." Ron brought a finger up to his lips, leading the two out of the house and into the cool night. Summer had hardly ended, meaning that the temperatures were still fairly warm, especially at night. Lucky for Hestia, who only wore a thin, loose dress that just reached her ankles.

The sound of a car engine filled the unsettling silence, Fred and George already sat in the front. "Hurry up then!"

Ron and Hestia climbed into the backseat, barely sitting down before the car lifted off from the safety of the ground.

In a matter of seconds, the four kids were soaring through the sky, giggling and smiling victoriously.

"WOOO!" Ron shouted, his hands cupped around his mouth.

"Shut up Ronald!" Fred bellowed in reply.

"Are you trying to wake everyone up?"

"Exactly, George."

"Eyes on the road, Fred!"

"We're flying! There are no roads!"

"Oh Merlin! You're right!"

Hestia's laughter pierced through the cool air, her body fluttering with nerves and excitement. The whole experience was so surreal, almost as if it were a dream. But as the wind tangled with her hair and Ron's hand clasped hers, it never felt more real.

______________________________________

_
An hour or two later, the children were nearing Harry's neighbourhood. Hestia looked around in fascination. Much like the Weasleys, Hestia's cottage was basically in the middle of nowhere, the nearest village being 20 minutes away. So, to see houses so close together, with gardens and driveways, was rather strange.

"Do you reckon Dad has seen a muggle neighbourhood?" Ron asked, face pressed up against the car window, much like Hestia.

"I dunno. Probably. I bet he's interviewed a whole village." Fred snickered.

The car started to slow down as they moved closer to a particular street, Private Drive. The boys could immediately spot which house was Harry's, noticing the bars that decorated the bedroom window. Hestia's heart sunk at the sight.