𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎-𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16

☞︎︎︎𝑯𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔☜︎︎︎

Snow danced down from the clouds, coating Hogwarts in a thick, white blanket of snow. Everyone was rather cheery, it being Christmas time and all. Teachers such as McGonagall had decorated their hats in tinsel whilst others, such as Snape, had a permanent frown etched on their face. If he had been painted green, Hestia might have mistaken him for The Grinch.

Hestia walked beside Hermione, both girls carrying their packed trunks. As much as Hestia would have loved to stay and help the boys with research about Nicholas Flammel, she was desperate for a hug from her godfather and missed him terribly. Besides, they spent every Christmas together and the girl wasn't ready to break that tradition just yet.

The two walked into the Great Hall, laughing over one of Hestia's silly jokes when they spotted Harry and Ron, sitting over a game of Wizards Chess. It was a bit more brutal than normal chess, though Hestia left them be. The two girls silently agreed to join them at their table for a minute before leaving.

"Knight to E5." Harry instructed.

She watched as the clogs in Ron's brain moved, evaluating his options. She knew what Ron would do seconds before he did it.

"Queen to E5."

The wooden figure waltzed over to the position, swinging her toy chair at the knight.

"That's totally barbaric!" Hermione exclaimed as Hestia sighed.

Ron smiled triumphantly, leaning back with a smug look on his face.

"That's wizards chess. I see you've packed." He nodded towards Hermione's trunk.

"I see you haven't." She retorted.

Hestia rolled her eyes at the pairs antics.

"Change of plans. My parents have decided to go to Romania, to visit my brother Charlie. He's studying dragons there." Ron announced.

A bright smile appeared on Hestia's face. She adored magical creatures, no matter how disliked they may be. The young girl found them fascinating and wished that she could one day meet a dragon.

"Oh! How lovely." Hestia added sincerely. Ron shot her a smile. He loved his brothers, the girl gathered, and he did seem proud of all of them.

"Good. You can help Harry then. He's going to look in the library for anything on Nicholas Flammel."

"We've looked a hundred times!" He groaned.

Hermione leaned in, her elbows resting in the table. "Not in the restricted section." She whispered with a smirk.

Hestia was slightly surprised to see Hermione influencing rule breaking, however, she wasn't opposed to the idea. There were many layers to Hermione. Yes, she was a bit of a goody two shoes. She followed rules and treated everyone with respect,but it all came down to her kindness. She cares about people and only wants the best for them. Which is why she tries to keep the boys out of trouble for the most part and why she doesn't let her friends copy her notes. She only wants the people she cares about to do well.

And so, she encouraged the boys to break the rules once in a while. Because deep down, she knew that whatever the dog was guarding was important and if no one else was going to listen to the children, then they would have to figure it out themselves. It was all for the greater good.

"Happy Christmas." Hermione smiled, walking away from the table and towards the doors.

"I think we've had a bad influence on her." Ron said, grimacing after Hestia jokingly hit the back of his head.

She gave both boys a hug, wishing them luck and a Merry Christmas before following Hermione out the doors.

______________________________________

The two girls had a pleasant ride home, joking around in the compartment, talking about anything and everything. Soon, they arrived at the station and bid their goodbyes with a tight hug and promises to write over the holidays. Hestia spotted Moony in the crowd and instantly leapt into his arms, holding onto him as if he was her lifeline. They stayed like that for a hot minute, latching onto the feeling of being in each others arms. Hestia had missed him greatly over the school term. Granted, being with her friends helped to distract her. She felt safe with the trio and she couldn't ask for better friends. Yet they were nothing compared to her Moony.

The pair soon apparated home, leaving the cold, crowded station.
Hestia lived in a nice white cottage, placed in between lovely green fields and a thin forest. It wasn't small, but it definitely wasn't mansion size. It was cosy and it was home. Inside, it was pretty minimalistic. The living room had a nice, warm fireplace and a cosy couch. On the right side of the room, it had a big, glass window with a white beanbag and a bookcase. That was known as Hestia's corner. She liked to sit next to the window, a book in hand, peering at the calm, outside world. Especially in summer when the sun shine through, kissing the girls bare skin. The pair were happy.

The Christmas holidays were spent watching festive movies with a cup of Remus' delicious homemade Hot chocolate and warm hugs.

Though Remus wouldn't say it, but he missed his little Hestia while she was away. The home seemed so cold without her warm smiles, so dark without her bright eyes. But he wouldn't weigh her down with the burden of him missing her. He knew it would only make leaving that much harder. So instead, he made sure to hug her tighter. To make her smile brighter and to love her even more.

Hestia was a diamond.

Gentle, precious and valuable. She was worth the world and more to anyone who met her and if she loved or cared for you, you were able to say that you were in heaven. That you knew an angel.

Because soon, that would be all she was. A beautiful soul watching over you, sat in the clouds for all of eternity.

______________________________________

"Who are you writing to?" Remus asked, as he walked into the room with a mug of hot chocolate.

"Oh, just Hermione. She's one of my friends from Hogwarts. She's really nice! I promised I'd write her a letter or two over Christmas. Maybe see if Harry or Ron have wrote to her yet. I don't know how they would though. I forgot to give them our address."

Hestia rambled as she wrote her letter. It wasnt anything too crazy. Just a quick check in and another 'Happy Christmas'.

Remus' breath hitched at the mention of Harry. He forgot that he would be in the same year as Hestia. He wasn't even sure if she was talking about that specific 'Harry'.

"Harry.. Potter?" He asked hesitantly.

The girl didn't even look up from her letter as she responded. "Oh yes. Don't worry, he's not a stuck up prat if that's what you're thinking. Oh no, he's rather lovely. Just a normal kid."

Remus smiled slightly. He hadn't seen the kid in 10 years and doubted that the boy would remember him at all. Though, he was content knowing that he was in the company of a girl like Hestia. A gentle soul who would look after the boy.

"What's he like?" Remus sat down opposite Hestia, who was still writing ferociously.

"Oh, he's very lovely. Very kind. A bit of an idiot sometimes. Though, not as silly as Ron. Ron's nice too, don't get me wrong. He just doesn't think about what he says before he says it, you know. Once, I said to Hermione that Snape would get a girlfriend when pigs fly and Ron just stood there and said, 'But pigs don't have wings'. " Hestia rolled her eyes before realising what she had said.

"Pretend I didn't say that thing about Snape." The girl looked up to see Remus holding back a smirk. He nodded in agreement and Hestia sighed. "That reminds me. Would you mind if I went to the shops to buy my friends a gift or two? It's just that Hermione has been so kind to me as well as Ron and I know Harry doesn't get many gifts so I wanted to get him something."

Remus frowned at her comment on the boys lack of presents but decided not to interfere. It would only raise questions that he wasn't ready to answer yet. Instead, he agreed to take her to diagon alley the next day and left the girl to finish her letters. Both individuals left in a bubble of their own thoughts.