𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎- 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 22

☞︎︎︎𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒔☜︎︎︎

"That was no stranger Hagrid met. It was Snape, which means that he knows how to get past Fluffy." Harry conspired.

As much as Hestia trusted the boy and agreed that Snape was suspicious, the theory wasn't adding up. If he knew how to get past the dog, then how did he get himself bitten?

"And with Dumbledore gone," Hermione started, only to be cut off from a voice behind them.

"Good afternoon." Snape drawled. The four slowly turned around to face the man.

"Now, what would four young Gryffindor's such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?"

With narrowed eyes, he turned to Hermione, who stumbled over her words, desperately sputtering for an explanation.

"You might want to be careful. People might think you're," he paused as he turned to look at Harry, who was shamelessly scowling at the man. "up to something."

The man stalked off, his face scrunched up in confusion whilst the quartet watched his retreating figure.

"Now what do we do?" Hermione whispered.

"We go down the trapdoor. Tonight." Harry answered, his eyes not leaving the door from which Snape left through.

______________________________________

_
The quartet slipped into the common room in the dead of night, silent as to not awaken any student. That was, until Harry spotted a familiar frog resting on the arm of the chair.

"Trevor." He whispered.

"Trevor, go. You shouldn't be here." Ron stated, his voice harsher in an attempt to scare the frog away.

"Neither should you." A voice announced from behind the chair, out of view.

Neville stood up, revealing himself to the quartet. "You're sneaking out again aren't you?"

"Now, Neville listen, i-" Hestia spoke softly, trying to reason with the boy.

"No. I'm not gonna let you. You'll get Gryffindor into trouble again! Hestia, I thought that you'd have known better." He looked at the girl in disappointment, causing Hestia to look down sadly. Hermione rubbed the girls arm in comfort.

"I'm really, really sorry about this Neville. Petrificus Totalus." Hermione waved her wand and the boy froze, his limbs tensing and his face paling before falling backwards onto the floor. Ron gulped whilst the others smiled.

"You're bloody scary sometimes. Brilliant, but scary."

Hestia pat the girls arm proudly before leading the way, a slight skip in her step.

The group clambered underneath the invisibility cloak, treading carefully down the halls. Both girls stood in front, hands interlocked for comfort and warmth. The castle was significantly colder at night, the stone walls not doing much for heating.

"Ouch Ronald, that was my foot." Hermione seethed.

"Sorry." The boy muttered.

They arrived at the familiar wooden door, Hestia unlocking it like she did weeks prior. As they opened the door, a beautiful, calming tune flooded the groups ears. They closed the door behind them and all turned to stare at the three-headed-dog. All of which were unconscious.

"Its-" Harry started, though a loud snore cut him off, blowing the invisibility cloak off of their bodies and revealing them to the room. "Asleep."