𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎-𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚛 14

☞︎︎︎𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒊𝒓𝒅☜︎︎︎

"Bit early for mail, isn't it?"

"But, I never get mail.."

"Let's open it."

The quartet ripped open the package that had been mysteriously dropped on the table in front of Harry. It seemed especially odd since it wasn't even mail time. Still, the group tore hungrily at the paper disguising the object under it like a mask.

"It's a broomstick." Harry gawked, surprised at the gorgeous broom on the table.

"That's not just any broomstick Harry, it's a Nimbus 2000!" Ron stared in awe at the expensive broom. Harry's jaw was practically on the floor, his eyes wider than saucers. The boy was just grateful for receiving a gift. But for a gift so useful and expensive, he was over the moon.

" But who.. " The boy trailed off and a smile appeared on his face. Hestia followed his gaze to see Professor McGonagall petting the boys owl gently, a small smile on her face. Hestia was as happy for Harry as the boy himself was. She hadn't known much about the boys home life apart from the fact that it wasn't the best. From what she could gather, he was definitely mistreated and even having food to eat was a blessing to him, nevermind gifts. So to see Harry receive such a present, and from a teacher no less, was so heart warming and the smile that lit up his face was one that she would forever treasure. The girl was already fond of McGonagall, but now she made it her personal life goal to make the teacher even half as happy as she had made Harry.

______________________________________

Hestia sat in the crowd along with Hermione and Ron, cheering enthusiasticly when she saw Harry appear from the Gryffindor tent.

At first, the girl was hesitant to come along after what the weasley twins had said. However, Hermione assured her that their claims about the game being so dangerous was a bunch of bollocks. And so, there Hestia sat. Her heart pounding and electricity running through her bones. To say she was excited was an understatement. The girl was buzzing. A smile was carved on her face, unwavering and real whilst her body was shaking, unable to keep still.

Watching the game was like a dance in the rain, refreshing and revitalising. It was like she was waking up for the first time. Seeing her friend soaring across the skies like an Eagle. Hestia could feel the happy energy around her, everyone's positivity hitting her like a brick wall, though she just assumed it was normal. It wasn't.

And even though Hestia had her feet on the ground, weighed down by the forces of gravity, she still felt as if she was on cloud nine. Everyone's cheers were recharging, giving the girl life.

"The players take their positions as Madame Hooch steps out into the field to begin the game." There was a pause as Hooch said something to the players, unheard over the shouts by the crowd.

"The bludger is up, followed by the golden snitch. Remember, the golden snitch is worth 150 points. The Seeker who catches it ends the game."

The woman threw a ball, know as the quaffle, into the air.

"And the quaffle is up! The game begins!" The commentator shouts.

Hestia watched the game in fascination, captivated by its original concept. Hestia grew up like a muggle, taught to read and write, learned math and history. She was taught life skills such as cooking and cleaning, without the use of magic. And so, she also grew up playing games like football or basketball, not the magical games that most wizards or witches play. The game itself was so new and interesting to Hestia. She hoped that maybe, one day, she too could play these wondrous games.

Gryffindor played tremendously well, taking the lead by 20 points until Slytherin decided to go dirty. First, they injured Angelina, then Oliver, eventually making the score even through cheating. Hestia was nothing less of mortified. Especially since the teachers turned a blind eye. Finally, Harry caught sight of the snitch and zoomed across the sky after it, to which Hestia cheered him on vigorously. Though, it didn't last. Harry's broom began to take control, wracking Harry all over the place. Hestia's heart got caught in her throat, as well as Hermione and Ron. The boy began to do somersaults in the sky, fully losing control and Hestia was close to tears. He was too high in the sky to fall without injury.

"It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!" Hermione exclaimed, pointing at the man who's lips were moving ferociously.

"Jinxing the broom? What do you mean?!" Ron asked, fear evident in his voice.

"Leave it to me." Hermione whispered before crawling away. Hestia couldn't protest, desperate for Harry to be okay.

Suddenly, the boy was head over heals on his broom and hanging on by his right arm. He was still hanging on by practically a thread and everyone was convinced he would fall any minute.

Hestia, despite wanting to close her eyes shut and ignore it, focused harder on the boy. It was like her mind was zooming in, getting closer and closer until the girl was on the verge of fainting. Her head was throbbing, the pain increasing the longer that she looked. She suddenly felt so drained and her head was barely up right. She couldn't blink, she couldn't breathe and she couldn't see a thing apart from light. A bright blue light misting over her eyes like a thick fog that she couldn't see through. She was lost in her own head. And then, everything went dark.

Hello! I hope you're having a good morning, afternoon or night. Whenever you're reading this.

I love leaving you on edge aha.

Did you see what I did with the titles? I'm lame I know.

All my love <3