𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎- 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12

☞︎︎︎𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑☜︎︎︎

Hestia closed her eyes, waiting for the hard bat to hit her. But after a few seconds, she realised it never came. She opened her eyes to see the troll on the floor, looking rather dazed and confused. It's expression mimicked how Hestia was feeling. Why wasn't she dead or severely injured? Her eyes wandered to the boys beside her, who stared at her with wide eyes. Ron looked as if he was about to say something when a loud grunt came from beside them. The troll was standing up, looking grumpier than ever. His large hand wrapped around the bespectacled boy, ripping him from the safety of the ground.

"Do something!" He yelled.

Hestia was stuck in a daze, her brain not comprehending the scene taking place. The boy was being hung upside down by an angry trill, ready to pummel the boy into the next dimension.

"Ron! Swish and Flick!" Hermione yelled at the boy who had his wand pointed at the trolls weapon.

Ron did as instructed, yelling the words 'wingardium leviosa'. Suddenly, the bat was hovering above the confused trolls head before falling onto his forehead, effectively knocking him unconscious. His grip on Harry faltered, allowing him to fall onto the floor next to Hestia.

Everyone was silent.

What do you say after something like that happens? It's not everyday that you get attacked by a troll and almost die.

Hermione crawled from under the shattered sink, everyone examining the trolls unconscious body.

"Is it dead?" Hermione asked timidly.

Harry shook his head. "Just knocked out."

Everyone stood, breathing heavily. Hestia was still trying to wrap her head around what had happened minutes prior. Hermione's stern face appeared in front of Hestia, blocking her view of the troll.

"You. Idiot." She seethed, hitting Hestia between each word. "You almost died when you stood up. How in earth could you be so stupid?!" Hestia looked at the girls face and noticed the tears rolling down her face. Instantly, a pair of arms were wrapped tightly around her neck as Hermione sobbed into her shoulder.

"Do you realise how much you scared me?" She whispered.

Hestia felt a surge of guilt fill inside of her. She had been so focused on keeping her friend safe that she forgot to worry about herself, almost killing herself in the process. The girl didn't take a second to think of how everyone else would have felt. But then she remembered why she did it, and she didn't feel as guilty. Hermione. How would everyone have felt if Hermione died?

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to keep you safe. I promise I won't make a habit of sacrificing myself." She tightened her grip around the girl. Hermione nodded and wiped her tears with her sleeve. Meanwhile, Harry was retrieving his wand from the trolls nose.

"What happened anyways?" Hestia asked, still unsure on how she wasnt injured.

"Well, we aren't sure." Ron said, a frown etched on his face.

"A sort of blue glowing ball appeared around you and when the troll hit it, he was.. Thrown back. As if he had been punched or something." Harry explained. The others nodded at his retelling of the story and Hestia had more questions than answers.

"How odd.." She whispered, her words being muffled by the silence of the night. Though the silence didn't last long as seconds later, the Professors all trailed into the room. Professor McGonagall had her heart on her chest, gasping in surprise.

"Oh! Oh my goodness.. Explain yourselves." She ordered, looking at each of them expectantly.

The boys started sputtering out responses, none of their words making a spot of sense.

"It was my fault professor." Hermione spoke up. The trio looked at the girl with wide eyes, though she took no notice. Her gaze lingering on her Head of House.

"Miss Granger.." McGonagall trailed off.

"I went looking for the troll. I had read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Hestia, Harry and Ron hadn't come found me, I would probably be dead."

McGonagall looked at the three with wide eyes before returning her gaze to Hermione." Be that as it may, that was an abysmally foolish thing to do and I would have thought of more rational behaviour on your part and I am so disappointed in you Miss Granger." The girl hung her head in shame and sadness.

"Five points will be taken from Gryffindor."

Hestia didn't taken notice of the teachers, effectively missing Snapes glare and Harry's questioning gaze.

"As for you three, I hope you know how tremendously lucky you are." Professor McGonagall turned to look at the trio. "Not many first years could manage to take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points,will be awarded to each of you." She finished, a small smile on her face.

The quartet shared looks of relief and gratitude. Snape and McGonagall left the bathrooms and Quirrel proceeded to usher the quartet out, a weird look on his face as he laughed nervously.

______________________________________

"Good of you to get us out of trouble like that." Harry said as the quartet walked away from the bathrooms. Hermione shot him a smile and Hestia gave her a reassuring shoulder nudge.

"Don't forget we just saved her life." Ron exclaimed, Hermiones smile dropping off of her face. Hestia was about to speak up when Harry interrupted.

"Mind you, she might not have needed saving if you hadn't insulted her." Harry added accusingly, jabbing a finger at Ron's chest. Both girls shot the boy a grateful smile, which he shrugged off.

"What are friends for?" Ron and Hermione smiled at each other, both content in the term 'friend'. Just then, Hestia had remembered her promise to apologise to the boy. The girl moved in front of the trio, all of them stopping at once.

"By the way Ron, I am sorry about what I said earlier. I didn't mean to call you a bully, it just came out but I was just so annoyed and I can be a bit overprotective at times and I really-" The girl began to ramble, a nervous habit of hers, before the by cut her off.

"No need to apologise. What you said was fair, I was being a bit of a bully. Sorry 'mione."He shot both girls a sheepish smile and Hestia let out a sigh that she wasn't aware she was holding.

" Good. Let's go. " She breathed with a relieved smile.

_
_
_
_

Hello! I'm sorry that I didn't do an a/n at the end of last chapter. I just did it for DrAmAtiC eFfEcT.

Did I scare you?

I won't kill off our little angel just yet.

All my love! <3