𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎-𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 21

☞︎︎︎𝑷𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒄 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒔☜︎︎︎

_
Hestia did as told, focusing on her deep breaths. Her body was still shaking slightly, though she didn't know whether it was from the cold or her racing heart. She still felt numb, unable to feel the icy air biting at her exposed skin or the streams of tears rolling slowly down her rosy cheeks. The others watched in fear as Hagrid rubbed the girls back, continuously whispering for her to 'breathe'. Harry tried to explain what had happened to the three, explaining the hooded figure and the centaur, Firenze. Though, he couldn't grasp why Hestia had reacted the way she did. She hadn't gotten hurt, had she?

The girl finally calmed down, breathing heavily and wiping away stray tears.

"Hagrid, what's a panic attack?" Ron asked.

"She just got a bit overwhelmed, is all. So I suggest you don't fuss too much or ask too many questions once you get back to your dorms."

Hagrid silently led the quartet back to the school, advising Hestia to drink some water and sleep. Though, the girl affirmed that she was fine and not to worry.

After getting changed into some comfortable clothing, they sat in front of the fire to discuss the events that occurred in the forest.

"You mean that you-know-who is out there right now? In the forest?"

"But he's weak. He's living off of the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong. Snape doesn't want the stone for himself. He wants the stone for Voldemort."

"Are you sure, Harry?"

"With the elixir of life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll..He'll come back." The boy sat down next to Hestia, facing Hermione and Ron with a solemn look.

"But if he comes back. You don't think he'd try to, kill you? Do you?"

"I think if he'd had the chance, he would have tried to kill me tonight."

Ron gulped.

"And to think, I've been worried about my potions finals."

"Wait a minute." Hermione interrupted." We're forgetting something. Who's the one wizard that Voldemort fears most?"

The trio looked at each other questioningly.

"Dumbledore." Hestia answered, quietly.

"Exactly. As long as Dumbledore is around, you're safe. As long as Dumbledore is around, you can't be touched." Hermione smiled.

Hestia severely doubted that, but she trusted that Harry would be safe. Whether that be because of Dumbledore or Voldemort's lack of strength. She had faith that Harry would be safe. For now.

______________________________________

"I've always heard that Hogwarts end of year exams were frightful. But I found that rather enjoyable." Hermione smiled, linking arms with a smiling Hestia.

The girl had perked up significantly since the day in the Forbidden Forest and was back to her usual smiley self. Much to the relief of her friends, who missed her bubbly antics.

"Speak for yourself." Ron muttered.

"You alright, Harry?" Hestia asked the boy who was clutching his scar.

"My scar, it keeps burning."

"It's happened before." Hermione added.

"Not like this."

Hestia frowned at the poor boy. She didn't like to see any of her friends in pain and it hurt her heart to see Harry upset. "Perhaps you should see the nurse."

"I think it's a warning. It means dangers coming."

The boy stopped walking, causing the trio to bump into each other.

"Of course!"

"What is it Harry?"

"Don't you think it's odd that what Hagrid wants most of all is a dragon and a stranger turns up and just HAPPENS to have one?" Harry pointed out, leading the group towards Hagrid hut.

"I mean, how many people just walk around with dragon eggs inside their pocket."

Hestia's eyes widened in realisation, catching onto what Harry was thinking. She was too busy obsessing over the dragon before to take notice of the situation. "Why didn't I see it before?"

Harry smiled at her, glad that she had caught on. He grabbed her hand, pulling her with him to Hagrid. It was good knowing someone had his back.

"Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg?" Asked Harry, cutting off the man who was playing the flute.

"What did he look like?" Hestia added.

"Dunno. Never saw 'is face. Kept his hood up." Hagrid shrugged.

"This stranger though, he must have talked."

"Well, he wanted to know what creatures I looked after. I told him I said, after Fluffy, a dragons gonna be no problem."

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?" Hestia pushed, disregarding her rule on being polite. Harry nodded in agreement.

"Well of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often is it that you come across a three headed dog? Even if you're in the trade. But I told him I said 'the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy for example, play him a bit of music and he falls fast asleep.'" Hagrid shrugged nonchalantly.

The group exchanged panicked looks, the others finally catching onto Harry and Hestia's point.

" Should not have told you that. "

But he was too late. The quartet were already sprinting back towards the castle, leaving behind a confused Hagrid.

______________________________________

_
"We have to see Professor Dumbledore, Immediately!" Harry practically shouted at McGonagall.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here." She said, deflating any hopes that the quartet had. "He received an urgent owl from the ministry of magic and left immediately for London."

"He's gone?!" Said Harry. "But this is important."

"This is about the Sorcerers Stone." Bellowed Hestia.

The woman froze, unable to process what she had just heard.

"How do you know-" She started, but was cut off by a frantic Harry.

"Someone's going to try and steal it."

She paused, looking at the four with narrowed eyes. If she thought that she knew what the quartet would be like, she was wrong. They were going to be in much more trouble than their parents.

"I don't know how the four of you found out about the stone but I can assure you that it is perfectly well protected. Now, will you go back to your dormitories? Quietly. "

The friends looked at each other and sighed. It was clear to the group that they weren't going to get anywhere with the Professor and so they left without an argument.

McGonagall watched their retreating figures questioningly, her eyes narrowed and her thoughts scattered around her brain as if a tornado had hit. The woman didn't know what to think. When did her life get so complicated?

_
Hello!

Not at all related but I was on a walk by the river that I often visit when I found the most beautiful cottage hidden in the trees. It was white with a picket fence and bushes surrounding it. It was literally the most cottage core thing I have ever seen i-

Anywaysss, I hope you are doing well and like the chapter.

Have a drink and a bite to eat for me love, stay healthy!

All my love <3