Cʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀ Oғ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs- Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7

☞︎︎︎𝑅𝑒𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑐𝑢𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠☜︎︎︎

Hestia had never before had an out of body experience, but today definitely felt like it.

From the minor inconvenience at platform 9 3/4 to the near death experiences, Hestia looked back over the day as if it were a movie that she had gotten overly immersed in. The girl refused to believe so much had gone wrong in a mere few hours. Though as she stood in front of a glaring Professor Snape, the brunette had to face the reality of it.

She was done for.

After the trio had escaped the thrashing tree, the car had quickly left them lying on the grass. Instead of wallowing in self pity, the group had decided on attempting to sneak into the hall undetected. But it had all gone down hill as they came face to face with Mr. Filch, the schools caretaker.

"You were seen," Snape started, smacking his newspaper onto the table. "by no less than seven muggles. Do you have any idea how serious this is?"

Though Hestia didn't necessarily like the teacher, she knew how greatly she had messed up and couldn't help but feel an insane amount of guilt swallow her insides.

"You have risked the entire exposure of our world. Not to mention the amount of damage you've inflicted upon the whomping willow, which has been on these grounds since before you were born."

Hestia bit the inside of her cheek nervously. In the corner of her eye, she could see Harry fiddling with the hem of his red-checkered flannel and assumed the boy was feeling the same way.

"Honestly Professor, I think it did more damage to us." Ron reasoned.

"Silence." Snape replied firmly. "I assure you that if you were in Slytherin and your fate rested with me, the three of you would be on the train home tonight." The man spat, anger and hatred intertwined with every word.

"As it is-" He continued, before a voice behind cut him off. "They are not." The headmaster spoke with a tone of finality.

The children's heads whipped around at the speed of light, the boys' moods brightening heavily at the sight.

"Professor Dumbledore! Professor McGonagall!" Harry exclaimed.

The pair silently stared at him, their faces lacking the usual small smile that was sent their way. Despite Hestia not spending a lot of time around people growing up, the girl had a tendency to pick up on little things about people. Traits or consistencies that lingered with certain people. She noticed that Hermione would tap her foot slightly when she was focused or zoned out, or how Harry would look down if he was thinking. Even how Ron would lick his lips more often when he was hungry or in the mere vicinity of food.

She saw the tiny things in life that mattered, even if she was oblivious to the bigger things around her.

"Headmaster," Snape started, immediately standing up straighter in their presence. "these kids had flouted the Decree for the Restriction of Underage Wizardry."

"I am well aware of our bylaws, Severus, having written quite a few of them myself. However, as Head of Gryffindor House, Professor McGonagall is to determine the appropriate action."

Simultaneously, the three children looked towards McGonagall, who's eyes hadn't left them since she walked in the room.

"We'll go get our stuff then." Ron sighed, dejected.

"What are you talking about, Mr Weasley?" The woman asked, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You're going to expel us, aren't you?" The boys eyes had shifted to the floor, where he anxiously rocked on the balls of his feet.

Hestia swore she almost saw a trace of pity behind the woman's eyes as she looked down at the trio, though she was too tired to dwell on it.

"Not today, Mr Weasley." She softly replied.

Hestia's eyes widened, the girl not bothering to hide her surprise. She was sure that she was going to be sent home by the end of the day and by the boys' expressions, they thought the same.

"But, I must impress on all of you the seriousness of your actions. I will be writing to your families tonight and you will all receive detention."

Hestia allowed a small smile to grace her battered face. The girl almost felt guilty for the relief that the woman's words had left. A measly detention didn't seem like punishment enough for what they had done, but alas, the girl had been through a rough day and she had the bruises to prove it.

As the children trailed out of the door and towards their common room, Hestia made sure to sent a grateful look to her Head of House.

She owed that woman one hell of a thank you gift.

_
Hello! Since my book has been getting a bit more attention recently, I have to ask that you would leave a vote?

It really helps me to see how many people enjoy my writing and which chapters do better than others. So, help me to improve!

All my love <3