𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎-𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 6

☞︎︎︎𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒕☜︎︎︎

Professor McGonagall returned at that moment, unintentionally silencing the group ahead of her (not that she was complaining). She pushed open the double doors with seemingly minimal effort and led the children into the great Hall. Hestia stood mutely next to Harry, with Ron on the far left. Her wide eyes scanned the room, acknowledging every object before her. A harsh, golden glow filled the room, giving the area a homey feeling. The many floating candles and lamps kept the room fairly warm as they walked between the house tables.

To Hestia, it provided a sense of security. Reminding her of the rainy days where her and Moony would sit in front of the fire playing cluedo. The thought made her heart clench slightly, the memory feeling relatively bittersweet. A voice behind her tugged her back to reality.

"It's not the real ceiling, it's bewitched to make it look like a night sky. I read about it in 'Hogwarts; A History'." The bushy haired girl that Hestia met an hour prior sprouted facts happily to the girl beside her. Hestia admired Hermione's knowledge. She wished she knew that much about Hogwarts.
She shot the girl a smile before turning her attention to her Professor, who had stopped beside a dusty hat.

"Everyone, gather round here."

The group stood around, slightly squashed between the long tables.

"Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words."

A man with a long, white beard stood up from his seat at the table. At first glance, he just looked like any stereotypical, old wizard. However, if you looked closely, you could see the knowing glint in his eyes.

"There are a few start-of-term notices I would like to announce. First years please note, that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you, that the 3rd floor corridor on the right side is strictly out-of-bounds. To everyone who doesn't wish to die a most painful death. "

Hestia eyes widened. The trio looked at one another in confused and fear.

"Thank you."

Professor McGonagall walked back into view with a long roll of parchment. "Now when I call your name, you will come forth and I will place the hat on your head. Then you will be sorted into your houses.

Hermione Granger." The girl from behind her walked slowly through the crowd, muttering comforting phrases as she went.

"Bloody mental that one." Ron whispered to Harry, loud enough for Hestia to hear.

After a few moments of watching the creases in the hat move, a loud "Gryffindor" rang out through the hall. A table decorated in bergundy clapped loudly and cheered in celebration as Hermione waltzed over. Next up was Draco Malfoy who was instantaneously sorted into slytherin.
Then Susan Bones, hufflepuff.
Hannah Abbott, also hufflepuff.
Padma Patil and Luna lovegood, Ravenclaw.
Dean Thomas, Gryffindor.

"Hestia McKinnon!”

The girl froze. She wasn't necessarily scared to be sorted however after hearing Ron's comment on almost all  Slytherins turning, bad she was definitely apprehensive. Her legs moved from under her, leading her to the hat. She sat down on the stool and felt McGonagall gently place the hat on her head. For a moment, nothing happened. Until suddenly, a voice that wasn't hers entered her head.

"Hm, interesting. Very interesting indeed. You aren't like the others, are you? An exceptional being with traits and powers like no other. You would go far in Slytherin. Your peers would help you to achieve greatness, no matter the cost. You have brains better than Ravenclaws, but you always have knowledge to obtain. Your heart is filled with unmistakable kindness, one made to love those around you. Hufflepuff would be proud to have you.
However, you have more strength than 100 men. Not physical, no. Your bravery is a vital part of you. Bravery isn't always facing your fears, but facing others. Your fate is laid out before you and I know you will make them proud. I guess I have to say,

"Gryffindor! "

A smile appeared on Hestias face as the table cheered for her, just as they did for everyone else. She skipped over to Hermione and sat next to her. Soon enough, both Ron and Harry joined them and sat opposite. The table cheered loudest for Harry which confused Hestia slightly. Though she thought nothing of it. The group talked merrily all throughout dinner. Hestia met a bunch of nice people and conversed with practically the whole table. Never before had she been asked so many questions nor had she spoke to so many people.

Though, she couldn't help but notice Professor McGonagalls lingering eyes. It was almost as if she knew her.

The teacher watched from afar, reminiscing the days of her parents. If Hestia and Harry were anything like their fathers, the teacher was in for a fun couple of years.

HELLO! Happy Valentines day! If you are feeling lonely, then feel free to claim me as your valentine. I'm sending love to everyone. I hope you're having an amazing day.

I know the chapters fairly short but trust me when I say to be attentive to the words spoken by the sorting hat. It could give you a clue.

Anyhow, drink water and eat something if you haven't already.

All my love <3

(Not edited)