𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎- 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 24

☞︎︎︎𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒉☜︎︎︎

Hestia's body sunk into the hospital bed, feeling as if it weighed the world as the girl regained consciousness. White walls and the smell of bleach flooded the girls senses, alerting her of her whereabouts. After blinking an excessive amount, her eyes slowly adjusting to the brightness of the room, Hestia sat up. Her grey eyes landed on the tables of 'Get Well Soon' cards, littered with the occasional box of chocolates and sweets that made Hestia's belly twist hungrily.

Though, the last thing she could remember was Harry pushing her away from Quirrels' grasp. Resulting in the girl hitting her head off of the stone steps. At the thought, she could feel the throbbing pain on her skull grow increasingly, making the girl hiss in pain.

"Are you alright?"

Hestia turned her head in surprise, not expecting to see Harry laying in the bed next to her. The boy grabbed his glasses, having only just woken up. Hestia immediately noticed the small cuts and purple bruises that littered the boys face.

"Yes, I think so. You?"

The boys eyes landed on the assortment of cards and presents that were stacked beside him and a wide smile appeared on his face. "Brilliant."

Hestia cast a genuine smile at the boy. She loved the childish grin that graced his face when he got a present, though before she could say anymore, Dumbledore strolled into the room.

"Good afternoon, Harry, Hestia."

The man, as usual, floated into the room. The only indication that his feet met the ground were the sound of light footsteps that filled the room. Dumbledore reached the two tables that proudly held the pairs gifts.

"Ah, tokens from your admirers?"

"Admirers?" Harry asked, befuddled at the term.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you two and Professor Quirrel is a secret. So naturally, the whole school knows."

Harry and Hestia snorted.

There was something about the man, with his knowing eyes and calm exterior, that made Hestia think he was perhaps something more, somebody more. The world could be falling apart around him and yet he could still glide gracefully, a kind smile coating his lips and crinkling his eyes.

"Ah. I see that your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frog boxes." Dumbledore held up the box, allowing it to fall open.

"Ron was here? Is he alright?"
"What about Hermione?"

"Fine. They're both just fine." He assured the pair. Hestia smiled in relief. She felt slightly guilty for not thinking of them first, though she didn't have time to dwell on it.

"What about the stone?" Harry asked.

"Relax, dear boy." The man held up his hand, silencing the boy. "The stone has been destroyed."

"My friend Nicholas and I have had a little chat, " The man moved from his position at the end of the beds, to in between the pair. "and decided it was best all around."