Cʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀ Oғ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs- Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 3

☞︎︎︎𝐼𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝐻𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑦.☜︎︎︎

"Tell me, Harry, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"

Hestia glanced up from her plate, amusement dripping from her face as she watched Harry's speechless expression.

"Oh, I uh-" The boy started, eyebrows knit together.

A hoarse screech from outside tore the group from their conversation.

"Oh, that will be Errol with the post." Mrs Weasley informed the children.

Hestia turned her head to face the open window, the light breeze brushing against the short curtains. The weather outside was lovely, filled with blue skies and golden sunshine. The young girl drifted into thought, imagining the feel of the grass on her feet as she and her friends ran through the endless fields. A loud crash startled the girl, her body tensing slightly as she leant against her friend, who merely winced.

All around the table sat faces of discomfort and pity, eyes lingering on the window in which the owl blindly crashed into.

"Fetch it, will you Percy?"

Percy immediately stood up without a second thought, causing Ron to smirk slightly at his eagerness. The boy had always taken amusement in his brothers flare for rules, always being obediant and accepting of others wishes. In a way, it almost reminded Hestia of herself. The girl never questioned Moony, or any authority figure for that matter, and simply did as she was asked (unless she had a reason not to). Perhaps it was why Percy had taken such a liking to Hestia, her personality heavily contrasting the people who surrounded him.

"Errol." Percy greeted the owl formally, as he retrieved the letter from the birds beak.

"Oh, its our Hogwarts letters. They have sent us Harry's one as well." The boy pointed out.

Hestia had already received her letter earlier that week, meaning that she had already gone and bought all of her school supplies from Diagon Alley with Remus. There seemed to be much more than last year, books specifically. Hestia supposedly required a fair amount of books by Gilderoy Lockhart, a man who the girl had never before heard of. Though, he was apparently rather famous and a very successful wizard, so she didn't complain. She only hoped the books would be useful.

"Dumbledore must know you're here, Harry. Doesn't miss a trick, that man." Arthur confidently stated.

Hestia watched patiently as the group peered at their letters, engrossed in the many items listed. The girl, not so sneakily, rested her chin on Harry's shoulder as to read his list. It seemed as if the two shared the same lessons again this year, much to the girls delight.

"This lot won't come cheap, Mom. The spell books alone are very expensive." The twins read their letters with wide eyes.

"We'll manage." The woman assured. "There's only one place we are going to get all of this. Diagon alley."

______________________________________

_
As it turned out, Hestia would have to wait to explore the fields with her friends. Instead, the group stood in front of the fireplace dressed in formal robes, ready to travel to Diagon Alley. Hestia was also tagging alone, despite already owning all of the required objects, ready to help the others to collect theirs. The girl stood between her two friends, dark hair hanging loosely down her back, watching Ginny closely.