Cʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀ Oғ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

☞︎︎︎𝐵𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑑𝑒☜︎︎︎

_
Hestia's knuckles were pale as she gripped onto her luggage cart, hurriedly following the Weasleys through the station. Unfortunately, girl was at the back of the crowd meaning that she would be the last person to arrive on Platform 9&3/4. Though, she was desperate to meet Remus, who was no doubt waiting patiently behind the wall for her.

"Fred, George, Percy. You first!"

The three boys slid effortlessly through the wall, somehow missing the gaze of the surrounding muggles. After receiving an encouraging pat on the back from Molly, Ginny followed through. Hestia watched as the girl squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for her body to hit the hard brick. Though, she too merged with the wall, disappearing instantly.

Soon enough, it was only Harry, Ron and Hestia stood amongst the muggles.

"Let's go."

The trio silently agreed to go at the same time, simultaneously pushing their carts forward and towards the brick. Hestia moved quickly and confidently, not at all expecting her body to make hard contact with Harry's fallen cart. The girl ran so quickly that when she crashed into the hard brick, her body ended up flying over the carts and smashing into the hard concrete beneath her. The impact winded the girl, leaving her gasping for breath.

Both Harry and Ron had also fallen, their belongings left scattered over the station floor.

"Hey!"

The loud commotion had gotten the attention of a nearby conductor, as well as some unimpressed passengers.

"What do you three think you're doing?" He bellowed.

"Sorry. Lost control of the trolley." Harry swiftly lied, rubbing his aching arm.

The man just rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed though he didn't continue to make a fuss about it. Meanwhile, Hestia still sat on the floor, eyes wide in a panic.

"Why can't we get through?" She whispered, finally tearing her gaze from the concrete floor and focusing it on her bruised friends.

"I don't know. The gateway has sealed itself for some reason." Ron tapped the wall as a demonstration.

An overhead chime caught Hestia's attention as the clock struck 11:00.

"The train leaves at exactly eleven o'clock, we've missed it!"

Harry turned his attention to the pale girl on the floor, cradling her knees to her chest. The bespectacled boy wanted to be optimistic, to find a solution to their problem and comfort his friend, though he couldn't find anything helpful to say. Instead, he knelt down next to the girl and wrapped an arm gently around her shoulder.

"It'll be alright. I promise."

Hestia sent the boy a small smile as a sign of gratitude. The girl had an enviable amount of trust in her friends and would hold faith in them no matter what. Therefore, if Harry promised something, she believed that promise.

Harry rose off of the grim floor, holding a hand out for Hestia to join him. After a moment, the girl gladly accepted the offer, clutching onto his hand for longer than necessarily needed.

"Wait a minute," Ron started. "If we can't get in, maybe mum and dad can't get back."

Hestia's eyebrows furrowed. The girl was swimming in thought, her body drowning out everything around her as she became more focused. Endless possibilities flooded her mind and the girl clutched onto every positive one that arose.

"They have to come back eventually. Maybe we should just wait by the car." Hestia suggested, her rational side peeking out from the shadows.

Harry nodded in agreement and the two turned to Ron for his verdict. Consealed behind his glossy eyes, the wheels inside his brain vigorously turned.

"The car.."

Hestia and Harry met each others eyes with matching expressions. Confusion.

______________________________________

_
Minutes later the trio were squished in the front of Mr Weasleys car, practically on top of each other whilst their luggage was spread in the backseat. Of all the possibilities that had travelled through Hestia's brain, soaring across the country in a magical car had not been one of them.

When Ron first introduced the idea, the girl had assumed he'd gone mad. Though, the two boys eventually influenced her with puppy dog eyes.

"Ron, I should tell you. Most muggle aren't accustomed to seeing flying cars!" Harry shouted, his voice just audible over the growling engine.

"Err, right." He mumbled, hastily pressing a metal button beside the wheel.

With wide eyes, Hestia watched as the bonnet of the car blurred into the sky that surrounded them. The girls pervious trip in the car was at night, therefore not experiencing the invisibility feature of the machine.

"Woah.." She whispered, a smile creeping onto her face.

"Woah." Ron smugly echoed, pride radiating off of him.

The three sat in a comfortable silence as they flew, too tired or focused on driving to hold a conversation. After a few hours and chocolate frogs, Hestia's eyes began to grow heavy. The brunette didn't manage to sleep much the previous night as the trio had decided to have a midnight feast under the stars. Though, it was less of a feast than it was a pile of sweets that Harry had bought whilst at Diagon Alley. Suddenly, Hestia was grateful for the boys sweet tooth.

Eventually, the children had come down from their sugar high and had snuck back to their beds whilst the sun rose. Hestia remembered the pink hue that settled over the fading stars as she followed her friends up the stairs, hushed giggles and tired yawns filling the silence of the house.

Despite having to wake up a few hours later, the girl didn't regret a single second of it. She knew that she would treasure the memory for the rest of her life.

The gentle breeze had almost lulled the girl to sleep, her breathing finding a comfortable rhythm, when a train whistle broke the calm atmosphere.

"AHHHHHH!"

Hello!

I haven't updated in a hot minute (more like a week but still).

I actually like this chapter, despite it not being particularly long. Though, I didn't want to try and cram everything into one chapter. Quality over quantity, right?

Anyways, how are you doing?
Don't lie to me. You can always be honest. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

Drink, eat, sleep (or at least try to.)

All my love <3