𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎- 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚎𝚛 9

.☞︎︎︎𝑄𝑢𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑖𝑡𝑐ℎ☜︎︎︎

"Seeker? But first years never make the house teams! You must be the youngest quidditch player-"

"in a century." Harry finished.

Hestia walked silently next to the two boys. She was truly happy for Harry and didn't want him to get expelled but she didn't have a single bloody clue of what they were on about.

"Well done Harry, Wood's just told us!" One of Ron's brothers said. The young girl hadn't yet learned how to distinguish which twin was which yet.

"Fred and George are on the team too, beaters."

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too badly." One of the twins said. "Can't make any promises though. Rough game Quidditch!"

"Brutal." The other twin agreed. "Though, no ones died in years. Sure, the occasional person goes missing, "

The twins turned the corner opposite to where the trio were headed.

"But they turn up in a month or two!"

Harry seemed to get paler than he was minutes prior and Hestia felt rather bad for him. He wasn't exactly given much choice in joining this whole death game.

"Are you sure you really want to play? I mean, isn't this Quidditch a bit dangerous for a first year?" Hestia asked. She was genuinely concerned for the boy and made a mental note to ask Hermione about the brutality of the game later on.

"Oh come on Harry!" Ron exclaimed.
"Quidditch is great! Best game there is."

Hermione appeared next to Hestia, squeezing her hand as if to say 'hi'.

"But, I've never played Quidditch. What if I make a fool of myself?" Harry asked. Hestia rubbed his arm in reassurance and he flashed her a grateful smile.

"You won't make a fool of yourself, it's in your blood." Everyone's attention turned to Hermione. Though, Ron looked as if he hadn't realised she was there.

Hermione pulled on Hestia's hand, who pulled Harry's arm, who latched onto Ron's collar. The train of friends followed Hermione to a trophy cabinet, where she pointed out one specific badge. Hestia smiled.

                         𝑱𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝑷𝒐𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓
                              𝑺𝒆𝒆𝒌𝒆𝒓

"Woah, Harry." Ron breathed. "You didn't tell me your dad was Seeker too."

The quartet stared in awe. Obviously talent runs in the family.

"I.. I didn't know." Hestia looked over at the boy who stared happily at the golden badge, as if it was the most amazing thing in the world and she felt a tug in her chest. Even though she had also lost her parents, she also had someone who could take care of her and love her more than her parents ever could. The young girl just hoped Harry had someone like that waiting at home for him.

______________________________________

The quartet walked up the moving stairs, still slightly in shock from everything that had happened in the last 7 hours. Hestia and Hermione walked a few paces behind the two boys, hand in hand. Over the past few days, they had grown rather close. Sure, they hadn't known each other for long and didn't know nearly enough about each other but Hestia was one of Hermione's only friends, so they mostly stuck together.

The two boys were whispering something before the stairs started to move from beneath them. Hestia, being nowhere near the railing, fell forward. She would've pulled Hermione with her if the girl hadn't held onto the stair rails.

"What's happening? Harry yelled, fear evident in his voice.

"The stairs move, remember!" Hermione replied.

Hermione pulled Hestia up as the staircase stopped at an unknown hallway. "Thanks." The girl squeaked.

"Let's go this way."

"Before the staircase moves again." Ron said in horror.

The group walked past the paintings and through a door that Hestia didn't recognise. She followed the boys into a dusty, old room. Inside, it was dark and covered in cobwebs (which Ron was not at all find of due to his phobia or spiders).

"Does anyone else feel like we shouldn't be here?" The frightened boy asked, hesitantly following the trio.

"We're not supposed to be here. This is the third floor, it's forbidden." As Hermione said that, Hestia felt herself tense, becoming increasingly more anxious.

Suddenly, one of the lamps lit up with fire, startling the group. Hestia jumped back into Hermione whilst Harry instinctively blocked Hestia. Ron looked as if he had gone into cardiac arrest, which would have made Hestia laugh if it was in any other context. A 'meow' alerted the group of a cats presence. The young girl knew that if she had one more jump scare, her heart might've given up on her.

"That's Filch's cat!" Hermione whispered in realisation.

"Run."

Harry didn't have to say it twice. Both Harry and Hermione had grabbed onto Hestia, dragging her out of the room as she was unable to move on her own. She finally snapped out of it and began to run, faster than she had ever ran before due to the adrenaline. The quartet sped down the hall, lamps lighting themselves as they passed by.

"Quick, through that door!"

Harry pulled desperately at the door handle, but to no avail. "It's locked!"

"Move over." Hestia said, her brain working at double its normal speed. She pulled out her wand and whispered 'alohamora', unlocking the door before them. Hurriedly, they pulled open the door and climbed inside, closing it before them. Hestia slouched against the wall in an attempt to catch her breath.

"Alohamora?" Ron questioned, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Standard Book Of Spells, chapter 7." Hermione answered for the girl. Hestia shot the girl a grateful smile, still breathing heavily.

"Feel my heart." She whispered, pulling Hermione hand onto her chest.

"Nothing compared to mine."

Both girls giggled, the hysteria of the situation setting in. The boys joined in with the uncontrollable laughter. They didn't stop until a voice echoed from the hall outside the door.

"Anyone here?!" Filch yelled. They couldn't see his face, nor did they want to. A few seconds of silence passed before they collectively let out a breath that neither of them was aware they were holding.

"Filch is gone." Hermione whispered.

"He thought the door was locked."

"And it was locked." Hestia pointed out.

"And for good reason." Harry said from behind them. The trio turned around to see an animal that Hestia had never seen before. It had the body of any regular dog, but with three gigantic heads. Lucky enough, it seemed to be asleep.

Spoke too soon.

Just as Hestia thought it, one of the dogs heads yawned, causing a chain of yawns from the other two heads. The quartet stared in silence, before all simultaneously screaming at once.

Hello! Two updates in one day?! I know, I'm awesome.

Not really, I'm just loving writing. Anyhow, how are ya doing? I hope you're having a good day!

As always, if there's anything that I could improve on then don't be hesitant to let me know. I love constructive criticism.

Drink some water please, its good for you bby.

All my love <3