Cʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀ Oғ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs- Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

☞︎︎︎𝑊𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑦☜︎︎︎

A pair of arms were wrapped around the girl like a blanket, warm and comforting. Hestia's trunk was all packed up and stood patiently beside the fireplace, watching as the father-daughter duo clung onto each other as if their lives depended on one another. Which, in a way, it did.

After Hestia's visit to The Burrow, Molly had instantly taken a liking to her sons friend, inviting her to stay the week before school. Of course, everyone agreed to it. Especially Ginny, who was ecstatic to have another girl at the house for a while as she was the only one. Even Percy, who Ron described as the moodiest in the family, had grown fond of the girl, much to her surprise.

So there the girl stood, arms tangled around her father figure and breaths ragged. Remus had scheduled to drop by the day that they leave for Hogwarts, planning on saying goodbye at the station. This wasn't 'goodbye', it was 'see you later'.

Reluctantly, Remus retrieved his arms from around the girl with a small smile on his face. Hestia was still getting used to being away from her Moony for long periods of time, having spent all of her life relying on him and his presence. She was adjusting, but it was still pretty fresh  and painful.

"Have a good time, Hestia. I'll see you soon."

Hestia didn't remove her eyes from the ground in fear that if she met his eyes, she wouldn't be able to leave.

"I will." She smiled, thinking of all the fun she would have with the redheads. The girl stepped into the fireplace with her trunk and a grin.

"Love you, Dad."

The words flowed out of her mouth easily, without a second thought. Before Remus could fully register what the girl had said, her body was replace with bright, green flames. Her smile still lingered in the fireplace, the familiar scent of vanilla and lemonade surrounding the man as the weight of her words crashed onto him. The waterfall that had fallen from her lips finally reaching the ground, swallowing him with it.

Hestia occasionally had her slip ups, where she would reference Remus as 'dad' instead of the usual 'Moony', though it wasn't very frequent and shocked him like electricity everytime she did so.

The man sat down at the kitchen table, his head resting in his hands. Calloused fingers rubbed against his closed eyes, a dejected sigh leaving his lips. Her words swirled around in his brain, spinning the man to a point of dizziness. Hestia was everything to Remus. She was the sunlight that woke him up in the morning and she was the moonlight that he fell asleep to. But she wasn't his.

Despite how much he wished she was, she would never be his daughter. Despite how, sometimes, he would pretend she is. How he would allow himself to forget, if only for a minute, everything else in the world and let the rest of the world blur around him. His whole life, a spotlight would be placed over Hestia and she would be the only person he would see in a crowd. If only, the word 'dad' could be as light as a feather, and not weigh the weight of the world.

______________________________________

_
As soon as Hestia had arrived at The Burrow, a pair of arms were wrapped around her causing her to drop her trunk with a loud crash.

"Oh for heavens sake, Ronald! Let the poor girl breathe. Oh Hestia dear, how lovely to see you."

Ron pulled away from the girl with a sheepish smile, allowing her to climb out of the fireplace and greet the rest of the family.Molly was first, engulfing her in a large hug and insisting that she would have a bite to eat. Next came Ginny and finally the twins, who bounded over to the girl with mischievous grins and secretive eyes.

"Hestia, you'll be sharing a room with me!" Ginny exclaimed, hugging Hestia's arm tightly.

"We'll show you." Fred said before Ginny could offer, grabbing Hestia's trunk as he went.

Ron practically dragged the girl upstairs whilst George convinced Ginny to stay downstairs, for a reason that was unknown to Hestia. Everything was happening so fast and the young girl didn't have time to catch up. Once the quartet had entered the room, George closed the door and the three boys turned to Hestia.

"Here's the plan."

Hestia sat on the bed, blinking softly.

"We leave at night once Mum has gone to bed."

"You can stay here and distract Mum in case she wakes up-"

"-or you can come in the car with us."

"The car?" Hestia asked.

"The flying car."

"Wicked." Ron replied.

"Pause!" Hestia stood up, a blank expression on her face. "What?"

"What do you mean, 'what'?" Fred asked.

"Where are you- we? going?" Hestia asked, eyebrows furrowed.

"To fetch Harry." Ron replied, an obvious expression on his face.

Hestia blinked, completely lost on what was going on. "Why?"

"What do you mean,'why'? You said he hasn't responded to your letters, right?" Ron stated.

"No-"

"So we think he might be in trouble. You know how his family is. Probably got him locked up in a cage."

"Oh."

Hestia didn't know what else to say. She had been too wrapped up in herself to think of the possibility that Harry was in danger instead of ignoring her.

"Well? Are you in or not?" The twins asked at the same time.

"Of course." She didn't hesitate.

Hello!

I'm sorry that the chapters rather short. I wanted to make sure people understood how chaotic that scene was, poor Hestia.

Anyways, have a bite to eat and some water.

All my love! <3

(not edited.)