𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎-𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 20

☞︎︎︎𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒃𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕☜︎︎︎

_
"Hagrid always wanted a dragon. He told me himself the first time I ever met him." Harry said as the quartet made their way through the castle.

"It's crazy. And worse, Malfoy knows."

Hestia saw McGonagall walk around the corner, a lamp in hand, towards the four students. Her eyes widened in fear. Students weren't permitted to be out of their dorms past curfew, meaning that they were probably in a fair amount of trouble.

" Is that bad?" Harry asked, too focused to notice the Professor stood in front him.

"It's bad." Hestia whispered, nodding in the direction of McGonagall.

The students stopped instantly, freezing like statues. Suddenly, Hestia wished they were under Harry's famous Invisibility cloak, hidden from McGonagall's wrath. As much as a Hestia had a soft spot for the teacher, she was aware that she could be bloody scary sometimes. Now, being one of those times.

"Good evening." She announced, sounding nowhere near cheery as she looked at each individual. A head of bright, bleach hair popped out from around the corner, signalling Malfoys presence. Much to the disappointment of Hestia, who wasn't at all fond of the boy. His lips had morphed into a wide, smug smile, clearly pleased that he had found a way to get the group into trouble.

______________________________________

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives the student the right to walk about the school at night."

The teacher would be lying if she said that didn't expect the quartet to cause her trouble. As soon as she read out the four names on the first day of school, she felt her heart stop. Not only in fear but in recognition. She remembered their parents first days as if it were yesterday, except from Hermione, who's parents were muggles. The teacher expected the late nights and days assigning well-deserved detentions. She was waiting for a group of Gryffindors to enter her office sporting sheepish smiles and shuffling feet. But the worst part was that she missed it.

No, she didn't miss being interrupted in the dead of night by wandering students. She missed the playful smirks, the loud laughter at the back of the classroom, the flattering compliments they would shower her with in an attempt to get out of detention. It was, in a way, nostalgic for Minerva.

"Therefore, as punishment, fifty points will be taken from your house."

Three Jaws fell onto the floor in shock whilst Hestia hung her head. The girl wasn't one to often get reprimanded, the last time being when she was a toddler. Guilt swallowed her up inside as she wondered how Moony would feel if he found that she had gotten into trouble. Would be be disappointed?

"Fifty?!" Ron exclaimed.

"Each." She clarified. "To ensure this doesn't happen again."

She had no doubt in her mind that it most definitely would happen again. Though it was her job to at least try.

"And all five of you will receive detention."

Malfoys smug smile dropped as she said those words. "Excuse me Professor," the boy stepped forward. "Perhaps I heard you wrong. It sounded like you said the five of us."

"No, you heard me correctly Mr. Malfoy. You see, honourable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention."

Harry had adopted the smug expression, not hiding his glee at Malfoy getting into trouble whereas the blonde just scowled.

______________________________________