Cʜᴀᴍʙᴇʀ Oғ Sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs- Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

☞︎︎︎𝐾𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑟𝑒𝑒☜︎︎︎

Blinding, golden light attacked Hestia's eyes as she quickly snapped them open. The girls heart had practically stopped from shock, the boys petrified screams still ringing in her ears.

Despite the girls teary eyes, she could still make out the large frame of a train practically on top of them.

"MOVE!" Hestia screamed, tugging desperately on the steering wheel that Ron held limply. The boy was too busy screaming to register the fact that he was the designated driver, leaving a frantic Hestia to swerve the trio from the tracks. Any ounce of exhaustion has slipped from Hestia bones, replaced by adrenaline.

The blue car flew shakily under the bridge as Hestia attempted to drive from in between the two boys. Her hands were almost white from the deathly grip she had of the wheel, though it still seemed to slip from beneath her. It's black, leather exterior was coated in a thin blanket of sweat that had unknowingly dripped from Hestia's palms.

Everything was working against the girl and it only seemed to get worse as the car started to frantically spin, whipping the trio around at a sickening speed. Hestia's stomach churned. However, the girl didn't have much time to dwell on it as her body was thrown around the car. The trios immense pain was diluted by fear as their bodies roughly collided. Screams still rang through the air despite the searing pain that filled Hestia's throat.

It was all so sudden. Just as the car had steadied itself, one final jolt managed to knock Harry out of the car.

"Harry!"

Both Ron and Hestia shouted, ignoring their throats protests. The pair turned to Harry, who had clung desperately onto the door that now swung freely. Everything was blurred, yet the girl could still see her friends' panic.

"Hestia!" Ron called.

"Ronald, drive." Hestia replied, her response tense. Ron purely nodded.

Hestia leant out of the window as far as she could, her heart banging ferociously against her ribcage. The air instantly attacked the girl, grasping at her hair and tugging it in every direction. Smoke infiltrated the air surrounding the train and Hestia could feel it entering her lungs, tickling her. Through cloudy eyes, the brunette reached her right hand out towards Harry.

"Harry, come on!"

Her words were carried by the wind, almost unintelligible.

"Grab my hand!"

The boy did as instructed, one hand releasing the door in an attempt to meet Hestia's. For a split second, the two palms met. Though it was short lived and the connection was quickly broken.

"Hold on!" Hestia screamed.

"I'm trying! You're hands are all sweaty."

The girl groaned. After quickly wiping her damp hands on her dress, she reached out again. The two clung onto each other and Hestia suddenly wished Ron was the one pulling the heavy boy up. A throbbing pain erupted from the girls shoulders as she lifted both herself and Harry from the air and into the car, with a little help from Ron who actually managed to drive safely.

Hestia moaned in pain as Harry smashed into her, closing the door behind him as he went. Heavy breaths filled the silence as the children tried to calm down, their hearts beating at an abnormal pace.

"Think we found the train." Harry breathed and Hestia glared at the boys sarcastic remark.

"Oh really?" She replied, her voice a few octaves higher than normal. The two boys only grinned in response.

______________________________________

_
Thanfully, the rest of the journey was significantly calmer after the train incident. Ron focused more on driving than before, paranoid that if he so much as blinked that they could crash. Whereas Harry and Hestia lay slumped up against each other, too tired to move. Originally, the girl was attempting to fall back asleep, having no time to rest beforehand. However sleep seemed impossible after the near-death experience. Everyone was a bit shaken up and was looking purely to relax.

Sadly, it all seemed too good to be true. As Hestia watched the serene lake glisten beneath them, the stars reflecting the same as they did last year, the girl slipped into thought. This time last year, Hestia sat in a compartment with two strange boys that had showed her nothing but kindness, imagining what her life at Hogwarts would be like.

This time last year, Hestia had nothing but positive ideals. However, in the year spent since then, the girls eyes had been opened slightly to the world that she lived in.

The girl was still undeniably innocent, living in her own land of sunshine. Yet, there was now this crack in her positive view. An invisible mark in her brain that wondered if her ideal world was the one she lived in, or one that she pretended to live in.

Hestia was still the same bubbly, bright girl that Harry had met on the train. Though, only the gods knew if it would last as the barricade Remus had built over the years slowly cracked.

"Hey, Harry?" Ron said quietly.

Hestia felt the boy tilt his head towards Ron from above her as she leant against him.

"Hm?" He hummed quietly.

"Welcome home." Ron replied, a light smile coating his face as he glanced at his friend.

Instantly, the car began to shake slightly beneath them. Hestia lifted her head from Harry's shoulder, a new wave of panic setting in as she watched Ron recklessly drive around the castle.

"Up, up!"

Ron harshly pressed the pedals of the car, though to no avail.

"Nothing's working! " He cried.

"Up!"

"Ron, mind that tree!"

"Aaah!"

As a final desperate attempt, Ron pulled his wand from the overhead compartment and hit the steering wheel.

"Stop, stop." A loud crunch interrupted the boys chanting. Hestia slowly opened her eyes to see Ron's wand practically broken in two.

"Oh Merlin.." She whispered.

Though before she had time to blink, the car roughly collided with the tree. Hestia's body was thrown forward at the impact, easily knocking her into the windshield like a doll.

The girl couldn't have saved herself if she tried, her body suddenly weighing alot more than before. Therefore, Hestia was unable to bring her hands up to shield herself.

The boys' yells of panic were drowned out by a loud ringing in Hestia's ears as the girl lay limp.

All she could think was how easy it suddenly was to fall asleep.

_
Hello!

YIKES, I haven't updated in about a week.

Sorry about that aha.

Anyways, I can assure you that Hestia's OK. She's just going through it at the moment LMAO.

All my love <3