𝙿𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚘𝚙𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚎-𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

☞︎︎︎𝐿𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑠☜︎︎︎

The following morning, Hestia was practically dragged out of bed by an annoyed Hermione. It seemed as if the lack of sleep days prior had finally caught up to her and the night under the stars didn't exactly help. So, it was safe to say that Hestia was pretty tired in all of her lessons.

Although she was luckier than some people. Harry and Ron to be specific, who were 15 minutes late to their first transfiguration lesson. For her, the day went by fairly smoothly. All apart from potions.

The young girl sat in the middle of the room squished in between Harry and Ron, Hermione sat on Harry's left. Her head rested on her palm as she listened to Professor Snape slowly explain the topics that they were to cover that term. Though, after a while, his words began to merge together and his sentences were hardly coherent to Hestia. Before she knew it, her eyes were fluttering shut and she drifted into a calm sleep.

That was, until a hand slammed onto her desk, harshly ripping her head from in the clouds. She stared up at an angry Professor Snape, glaring at her as if she was a piece of dirt on the bottom of his shoe.

At that moment, she silently decided to never fall asleep in his class again.

It wasn't only her who had a hard time in potions. Harry and Hermione were also victims to Snapes loathing stare and insults.

By the time Hestia made it to her flying lesson, she was positively exhausted.

"Good afternoon class." Madame Hooch announced as she walked through the lines of students. Hestias class was split in two rows, facing each other with their brooms next to them.

"Good afternoon Madam Hooch."

"Welcome to your first flying lesson. Well , what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of your broomstick."

Everyone did as instructed, some looking more confident than others.

"Stick your right hand over your broom and say 'up'." The teacher continued.

Hestia took a deep breath before saying 'up'. The broom beneath her wobbled slightly, but did not raise off the ground. A slight breeze rushed next to her and the young girl noticed Harry had risen his broom instantly. A grin spread across the boys face.

"Excellent Harry!" Madam Hooch exclaimed.

Hestia sent a grin his way before trying again. She shouted a firm 'up' and the broom lifted off the ground slightly before falling down again. It seemed like gravity was more forceful than normal, holding down the girls broom with all its strength. Her lips morphed into a pout and Hermione gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, mine won't move either." She said with a small smile. Suddenly, Ron's broom shot off the ground and hit him right in the center of his forehead. Harry snorted whilst Hestia looked worried.

"Shut up Harry. " He murmured, clutching his forehead with a smirk.

"Now, once you've got a firm hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. Then when I blow my whistle, I want you to kick off the ground. Hover for a moment and then touch back down. On my whistle. Three, two, one."

Just as she blew the whistle, a boy by the name of Neville lifted off the ground. His broom shook vigorously and the boy had a panicked look on his face.

" Mr Longbottom! " The teacher yelled. "Get down here at once."

Neville's broom swayed side to side for a moment before lifting higher into the air. In one sudden movement, the broom shot up and glided away from where the class stood.

"Help!" The boy shouted as he was shook around the air like a ragdoll. Hestia's heart stopped. She watched the scene with wide eyes, paralysed by shock and fear. The young girl desperately wanted to help but her body was weighed down by a ton of bricks. So she watched from the safety of the ground with a lump of guilt in her throat. In a matter of seconds, the boy had travelled around the sky, gotten stuck on a branch and fell several feet. Hestia wasn't sure what happened next as she clamped her eyes shut, not wanting to see her classmate hurt. Luckily, the teacher told them that he had only fractured his wrist and had escorted him to the school nurse.

"Everyone is to remain on the ground whilst I take Neville to the nurse. If I see a single broom off of the ground, you will be out of the school faster than you can say 'Quidditch'." She warned the class before retreating inside the castle.

The rest of the class stayed still and quiet, all but one.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze," Draco held up Neville's remembrall that he had been given hours prior. "He might've remembered not to fall on his fat arse."

Hestia stared in horror. How could anyone be this cruel to another person? After all, what did poor Neville do to Draco that influenced him to insult the boy that way?

"Give it here, Malfoy." Harry held out his hand for the remembrall to be placed in.

"No, I think ill leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." Draco mounted his broom and flew into the air, high above all the other students. "Maybe on the roof? What? Are you scared Potter?" He taunted.

Hestia saw Harry clench his jaw before mounting his broom.

"Harry! No way! You heard what Madame Hooch said." Hermione exclaimed.

"Besides, you don't even know how to fly.." Hestia tried to reason with the boy, though he flew up into the air before she could finish.

"What an idiot." Hermione shook her head.

The two boys flew in the air, saying something that Hestia was unable to hear due to how high in the air they were. All she saw was Draco throw the ball and Harry dive away to retrieve it as the other boy returned to the ground. Harry grabbed the ball and held it up whilst the class cheered, even Hestia and Hermione. After the whole ordeal with Neville, Hestia was just too relieved when Harry returned to the ground that she couldn't scold him for his recklessness. Though, she didn't need to as moments later, Professor McGonagall called Harry to her office.

He had been caught.

Hello! I know this is sorta long and I'm sorry that it isn't all that interesting. I just needed to get it all out of the way so we could get to the good stuff. Hopefully, next chapter will be more exciting.

Anyhow, drink some water and have something to eat.
Is there anything that I could improve on? Let me know in the comments.

All my love <3

(not edited)