Wall Maria

Cori sat on her bed flipping a ring, it was the last thing she had from her father. It was much to big to fit on her finger. She sighed putting the ring down and walking out of her house. Cori had lived alone for a little less than 2 years. Ever since her father had left to join the Survey Corps she'd lived alone.

Cori had a stepmom who hated her and liked to pretend she didn't exist. Her stepmom was currently in Wall Rose along with her son, Marco. Cori liked Marco he was nice to her, too bad he had to go.

Cori walked through the streets of Shinganshia until she made her way to Armin's house. Armin was a boy her age who Cori had been friends with for as long as she could remember. Armin was a scrawny kid, who was in love with the ocean.

Ever since her mother died, Armin and his grandfather had been like a second family to Cori, looking after her all these years. She knocked on the door and the warm face of Armin's grandfather appeared. He welcomed Cori in and began to make her tea. "How are you, Cori?" he asked. "Fine," Cori said. He handed her the tea and Cori took it, drinking it slowly. Her life was a mess. Not 3 months ago her father had died on his very first scouting mission. Cori was feared around the village along with Mikasa due to their brute strength. Mikasa. Her and Eren should be back by now.

"Where's Armin?" Cori asked. "He went out," Armin's grandfather replied. Cori nodded and left the house looking for Armin. He was constantly being picked on by bullies, which Cori hated. She hated how people took advantage of Armin.

Cori heard a couple of voices and she turned the corner to see Armin getting bullied. She grabbed one of the bullies closes to her and banged his head against the wall of a nearby house. This gathered the attention of the other bullies. "Shit, Cori," one of the bullies exclaimed trying to run away, but Cori grabbed the collar of the boys shirt and dragged him back to her. She kicked inbetween his legs and threw him against the wall. Another boy who was brave, or maybe stupid tried to jump Cori from behind but Mikasa came out of nowhere and kicked the boy aside.

Cori turned around to see Mikasa and Eren. "Hey," she said. "Hi," Mikasa replied. The two of them walked up behind Eren who was helping Armin to his feet. "Thanks," Armin said. "Mhm," Mikasa mumbled.

The group made there way over to a set of stairs. "Eren wants to be a scout," Mikasa said. "What?!" Cori and Armin exclaimed. "Jeez Mikasa do you have to tell everyone?" Eren grumbled. "I just want you to know how stupid you sound," Mikasa responded.

"It is pretty stupid," Armin agreed. "Yeah Eren with your luck you'd die in seconds," Cori said. Eren crossed his arms. "Well at least we have the wall to protect us," Mikasa said. "100 years," Armin said. "It's stood for 100 years. Can it stand much longer?" Cori was just about to ask what he meant when a shadow fell over the group. They looked up only to see a titan with a hand on the wall. Cori looked up in horror. It couldn't be.

Then the titan kicked the gate with such a powerful kick all people near it were sent flying. The group were kicked of there seats on the stairs. Debris was flying everywhere and houses were being crushed. "The titans! They can get in!" Armin exclaimed. "Mom," Eren said. "Our house its near there." Eren took of running and Mikasa immediately followed. Cori hesitated for a spilt second before chasing after them. "Wait!" Armin called out but it was no use, they were gone.

Eren, Mikasa and Cori turned the corner only to find Eren's house in shambles. Cori could see the faces of titans walking through the streets and immediately felt her heart drop. This couldn't be real. She was scared but didn't allow any of it to show.

They approached Eren's house only to find his mom buried under the rubble. They began trying to remove the rubble and get her out but it was no use. "Eren, Mikasa, Cori you have to go. Its not safe," Carla Yeager said. "No! Not without you," Eren exclaimed still trying to remove the rubble. "Go. Even if you were to get the rubble of me my legs are crushed, I can't walk." Carla said. "No," Eren said. A titan was approaching and Cori's mouth went dry. No this can't be real.

Hannes appeared. "Hannes take the children please," Carla begged. They all looked at the soldier. "Don't worry about it Carla, I'll take down the titan," Hannes said taking out his blade and making his way to the titan. He stopped a couple feet away from it. He was scared. Immediately he ran back and picked up Mikasa. He grabbed Cori's arm and placed it on his odm gear, telling her to hold on and then picked up a screaming Eren and put him on his shoulder.

"No! Put me down Hannes! Mom!" Eren cried. Cori could only watch as Hannes started running taking the children with him. Eren kept calling out to his mother. Cori wanted to help, do something but she couldn't, she was helpless. "Eren, Mikasa, Cori!" Carla Yeager screamed. "Mom!" Eren yelled.

Carla was picked up by the titan. Cori watched in horror as the titan removed Carla's head from her shoulders and then proceeded to eat with a loud crunch. The blood floated in the air. Blood didn't bug Cori but watching Carla get eaten that way shook her very core. Cori looked away. What a horrifying way to go out.

Eren had stopped screaming and Mikasa had tears in her eyes. Immediately Cori's mind went to Armin. Was he alright? Was his grandpa? Suddenly, Hannes stopped and put them down. Eren started saying something but Cori wasn't listening. Home. Her home was gone. The place she grew up belonged to the titans now.

Hannes lead them to the evacuation boats. Cori, Eren and Mikasa all got on and made there way to Armin. "Hi, oh," Armin said taking a look at their faces. He didn't know what they saw but he had an idea. "Mom," Eren whispered. Armin looked at Mikasa and Cori, looking for an explanation. Cori looked awat trying to get that horrifying image out of her head. "She's dead," Mikasa said. The boat took off.