Explain

Cori was pacing the floor of the cottage the new Levi Squad were currently in. Along with Eren and Cori; Mikasa, Armin, Historia, Jean, Connie and Sasha were part of the squad. Cori glanced outside and looked at Connie. The boy was doing well, considering his family was turned into titans. She felt bad for him and was glad he had Sasha and Jean to raise his spirits.

Today was the day Cori was going to ask, no force Levi into letting her talk with Annie. She wasn't going to take no
for an answer. She continued pacing the floor of the cottage, picking at her lips with her hand. "Damn," she muttered and forced herself to stop. It was just Levi. Sure he was intimidating for a short man and had decimated Eren's face... And just like that Cori was pacing again.

Levi walked in the room Cori was pacing back and forth in. She turned her attention to the short man. He sighed preparing himself for what was to come, as if he somehow knew what Cori was thinking. "Levi please let me see her! There's nothing you have to worry about. If you don't let me I'll just go and see her myself!" she huffed. "tch." "Alright, fine brat." Levi said. "Really?!" "Yeah whatever," Levi said tossing her the keys. He wasn't in the mood to argue, seeing as he would lose anyway.

Cori caught them and made her way downstairs. She paused on the door to the dungeon, mentally preparing herself. Once she had managed to calm down she slowly opened the door. Annie was staring at the wall, a bored expression on her face. She turned at the sound of the door opening and her eyes lit up when she saw Cori.

Cori slowly made her way to the blonde. She grabbed a chair from the corner and placed it in front of the cell. The two girls just stared at each. Cori had to prevent herself from open the cell and hugging Annie. "Hey," Cori said. "Hi," Annie said. "So, um," Cori was cut off. "I love you," Annie said softly.. Um what? Cori stared at the blonde in shock.

"Listen I want you to know that nothing between us was fake, I promise I love you! I really do!" Cori smiled softly at the blondes sudden outburst. "I know Annie. I love you too." Annie seemed to relax at those words. The two sat in awkward silence before Cori started asking questions. "So, we know titans are humans," she said. Annie nodded, "Was about time you found out." "Could you tell us why? Why their titans?" Cori asked. Annie looked at her. "Its an unique ability that only a certain race posses," she started. "Everyone behind the walls is off that race." "So we all can turn into titans?" Cori asked. "Yes, but you have to be given a serum." Cori nodded trying to process this information.

"How much else are you going to tell me?" she asked. Annie looked into Cori's eyes. "You'll found out eventually. It's probably in that basement," Annie replied softly. "But could you tell us now?" Annie sighed. "Here's what I will tell you. Eren and I are both titan shifters. People who can turn into a titan. The differences is these titans can be controlled and aren't brainless. They also have a specific characteristics or skill adapted to them," Annie explained. "There are nine, the female, the colossal, the armored, the jaw, the attack, the founding, the cart, the beast and the warhammer. I hold the female. Reiner holds the armored. Bertholdt the colossal and Eren the attack, however there is a good chance he holds the founding as well." "Why do you think that?" "Because I know the identity of the other 6. The attack and founding however were unknown. Upon finding out that Eren was a shifter we had to figure out whether he held both titans or just the one. That's why I tried to capture him." Cori remembered when Eren had punched the smiling titan and other titans started attacking it. "As for the jaw I watched him get eaten, the titan who ate him now holds it."

"Well we already know Reiner and Bertholdt are the armored and colossal. We actually engaged them but they got away. As for the jaw that's Ymir." Annie looked surprised. "Ymir is the jaw?" Annie asked. Cori nodded. Annie supposed it made since, Ymir must have been that titan that ate Marcel. "Wait how did you figure Reiner and Bertholdt out?" "Well after we captured you, we started suspecting them and then Reiner ended up admitting to it right before transforming and then while engaging them Ymir left with them," Cori explained. Annie shook her head. "He's an idiot."

"You mentioned there were certain traits? Could you explain them?" Cori asked. "Hmm lets see. The female has endurance and is female. The attack has great attack power and regeneration. The armored is pretty self explanatory, as is the colossal. The jaw is pretty small compared to other titans, has great jumping power and a strong jaw. The beast turns into a different animal depending on the holder-." "Wait, according to reports some soldiers saw a gigantic monkey. That wouldn't happen to be the beast?" Annie looked at Cori in shock. "Fuck, you guys don't have much time if he's here."

Cori was just about to ask more when suddenly the door opened and in bursted Armin. "Cori come quick! Hange has news!" he said. Cori nodded standing up. "I'll be back," she told Annie before following Armin.

Everyone was gathered around the table. "Pastor Nick was killed," she exclaimed. Everyone looked at each other. "By who?" Connie asked. "I don't know but if I had to guess the military police," Hange said. "Bastards," Jean said. "That's not just it, they've put all scouting missions outside the wall on hold and are demanding we had over Historia, Eren, and Annie," Levi said.

"We're not actually going to do that?" Sasha said. "Of course not," Levi said. "Then we've got to leave? Right?" Armin asked. Hange nodded. "Cori you get Annie," Levi commanded. Everyone hastily started getting ready to leave.

Cori raced down the steps and into the dungeon. Annie's eyes lit up when she saw Cori and was about to say something but stopped when she say Cori opening her cell. "What are you doing?" Annie asked as Cori started unlocking her binds. "We have to go," Cori said unlocking the last one. "Why what's going on?" Annie asked as she held her wrist. "The military police are being assholes," Cori said grabbing Annie's hand and dragging her to her feet. "Your not going to run right?" Cori asked staring into Annie's eyes. "Not as long as I'm with you." Cori smiled and pulled Annie up the stairs.

They met with the rest of the squad. Everyone was tense but there wasn't time for that. Since Annie couldn't be trusted with a horse of her own she rode on Cori's horse, behind her. Annie's arms wrapped around Cori's waist and she felt electricity surge through her body at the touch.

They took off and stopped at a hill, seeing as the military police broke in. "We left just in time," Jean muttered. "Hange can I borrow some of your squad?" Hange nodded. "Yeah Moblit and I will handle some stuff," Hange said motioning for the other members of their squad to go to Levi. The two parted from the rest as the Levi Squad rode off.