Bracelet

It was September 17, Cori's birthday. Marco insisted on doing something special, he even got Commandant Sanders approval to go out to Trost (of course this was only possible because the Commandant seemed to have a soft spot for the curly haired brunette). Cori didn't really see the big deal but Marco said that since he missed all her other birthdays he had to make it up to her.

And so on her birthday she was rudely awakened by Christa who was to be helping her get ready. "Put this on," Christa commanded. Cori gave her a look but grabbed the clothes anyway. It was a white collared shirt and jeans. Cori changed and then walked over to Christa who seated her and began to do her hair. Cori had her hair down the middle. Christa took part of her hair and wrapped it in a small bun. The two locks of Cori's hair that were typically in face still were. "There," Christa said. "I would prefer you in a skirt but that's pushing my luck." Cori nodded "Thank you." Christa lead Cori outside where she met up with everyone else. "Alright are you ready Cori?" Marco asked. Cori rolled her eyes but nodded.

In Trost the group took their time touring. They went to a cute bakery and got some sweets. Cori had to admit that it was rather nice being around all her friends like this.

After the bakery the group went out on a field and separated into groups to two with one three, to play hide and seek. Cori, Annie and Mikasa, Eren and Armin, Reiner and Bertholdt, Jean and Marco, Sasha and Connie, Ymir and Christa. Cori, Annie and Mikasa were the first seekers.

As they were playing they enjoyed feeling like a child again, especially since so many of them had their childhood ripped away from them.

Soon the sun was setting and it was time to go back. The group made their way back. "Damn I want my birthday to be like this, got that Marco?" Connie said. "Fuck no, Connie this is only for me," Cori teased. "Oh yeah? Well see about that," he replied. They bid their farewells and headed to bed. Cori was about to go to bed when a hand pulled her outside the bunks.

"Annie?" Cori asked. "What is it?" Annie handed Cori a box, "Happy Birthday." Cori stared at it. "Annie you didn't have t-" Cori was cut off when Annie kissed her. Cori was surprised but kissed her back. The two pulled away and Annie looked into Cori's eyes. Cori for the first time in her life was genuinely speechless and it appeared Annie was too.

Annie opened the door to the bunks and walked inside, leaving Cori outside.  Cori eyed the box that was in her hand. "Fuck you, Annie," Cori muttered opening the box. There was a simply silver bracelet.

Upon further inspection Cori realized the letter A was written on the inside of the bracelet. That's when Cori remembered that Annie had recently started wearing a bracelet just like the one Cori was holding. Is it possible it had a C?

Cori put it on and walked inside. Everyone appeared to be asleep, Annie as well. She looked so peaceful when she slept. Cori climbed in bed but found herself having trouble falling asleep. That kiss left her awake as ever.

Shit Cori thought. Where were things going to go from here? What did that kiss mean if anything? Cori inwardly groaned. Why were teenage feelings so fucking confusing? Wasn't she supposed to be worrying about training?

Cori surrendered to her thoughts and forced herself to go to bed, but she couldn't help but imagine her lips on Annie's.