Cori

A lot had happened in the past couple days and Cori didn't know what to think. Annie had been captured and not a couple days later 3 other titan shifters were discovered.

She didn't understand any of it. How many of them were there? Apparently there was a giant monkey, that they thought to also be a titan shifter. Between them all, Eren included there were at least six.

She groaned in frustration, laying down on her bed in the cottage. It seemed like every time they got closer to finding the answer more questions would be asked. She liked it better when they only had to focus on mindless titans.

She heard the door to the room open and she turned to see Mikasa. "There going to start questioning Annie again," she informed Cori, sitting at the foot of the bed. Cori only hummed in response. She wasn't really sure what to make of the situation. She still felt hurt but part of her wanted to forget all that and just be with Annie. Annie was the enemy. They had so many enemies,
too many. The titans were bad enough. The thing is Cori couldn't fathom why they were breaking down the walls. Weren't they the only thing keeping them safe? What on earth could provoke a person to act like that?

She sighed and closed her eyes. Mikasa stared at her friend. She had never seen Cori this confused. "Mikasa," Cori hummed. "What?" the raven haired girl
asked. "If you were me would you be mad at Annie?" Mikasa was aware of Cori's feelings towards the blonde but never said anything. "Yes," she answered immediately. Mikasa despised Annie, she had nearly killed Eren.

There was silence for a minute before Cori spoke. "What if Annie was Eren?" Mikasa froze and bit her lip. Cori closed her eyes, knowing she had put Mikasa in a tight spot. Mikasa didn't say anything, pondering the situation. "That's different." "Oh?" "Eren isn't helping aid the destruction of humanity." Cori inhaled sharply, she didn't need the reminder. "Its a hypothetical scenario Mikasa," Cori said softly. Mikasa shuffled uncomfortably on the bed before standing up. "I'm going to go help Eren," she said exiting the room. Cori sighed. She couldn't blame her. If she could run from the problem facing her she would.

It wasn't a question of if Cori still loved Annie because she did. It was rather the repercussions of that. No doubt everyone hated Annie, and who could blame them? But Cori didn't like the idea of only being able to see Annie through a cell. She contemplated whether she could convince Annie to switch sides, but that got Cori thinking. Would she switch sides if it meant being with Annie? Cori grew frustrated and stood up. She began pacing the room.

This is really hard.

Who knew Cori could go on such an emotional rollercoaster because of one person? She certainly didn't.

6 titans. 5 of which are bent on the destruction of humanity. One of which is my lover. Yeah this was really complicated. Damn you Annie.

Cori thought about Historia and how she had been so ready to leave the scouts and join Ymir. She had no idea what she was getting into, she knew she would be aiding humanity's destroyers but she didn't think twice. That was love. Could Cori really say she loved Annie if she wouldn't do the same?

Cori came to the conclusion that she wanted answers. She wasn't one to just blindly run into things, no matter how much she loved that person. She wanted to know what she was getting herself into. Cori had morals and she didn't want just break them blindly. If there was a reason for Reiner and the others wanting to kill humanity, (which she was sure there was) and it was good maybe she'd contemplate it. Assuming Annie didn't switch to her side.

At the end of it all Cori was just done thinking. She had a headache and she was getting nowhere. She loved Annie and that was it. She wouldn't let anyone harm Annie and would protect her, staying true to her promise. Did she really need another reason? Cori decided that the next day she would force Levi to let her see Annie. It wouldn't be that hard right? Cori was well aware of the soft spot the short male had for her. She decided that if she brought up the fact that Annie was keen on seeing her and only her, meaning she would probably only explain things to Cori, that Levi would let her see her.

With that being decided, and Cori's headache progressing, she laid in bed and closed her eyes. Her back still a bit achy. She melted into the mattress and fell asleep to the thought of Annie.