The Female Titan

It was the day of the scouting mission and Cori was making her way out of the wall. She was in between Eren and Petra. Petra was nice and Cori saw her as a mentor. She turned around and saw Mikasa and Armin. A lumped formed in her throat as she remembered Marco. She quickly turned around, this was different. They would protect each other and they planned the mission so they would avoid as many titans as possible.

They went into their positions and spilt up. Cori stuck with the Levi Squad at the center. She looked at Eren who had a determined look on his face. Cori looked forward and took a deep breath. You couldn't tell by looking at her that she was nervous.

Cori was in formation with the rest of the Levi Squad. They were constantly moving more and more left. It appeared titans were attacking from the right, more than anticipated.

She had a bad feeling in her stomach. Most of her friends were there. Armin, Jean, Christa, Reiner and Sasha they all were there. A titan made its way to the center and Levi told her to kill it, she did. It must be a shit show over there.

A bunch of flares went up, they were being redirected again this time into a forest. All other soldiers were told to go around. Only the suppliers and the Levi Squad were to go in. They were riding through the trees. Cori looked around at all the other squad members they were all confused. It was clear no one had any idea as to what was going on, besides Levi, who kept a level head and just kept looking forward.

"What's going on?" Eren questioned. "Look at those big ass trees," Levi said. "There perfect for using odm gear." Well no shit. Eren looked frustrated but didn't say anything.

Suddenly, loud footsteps could be heard. Cori turned around to see a female titan. It had blonde hair, blue eyes and was covering its nape with its hand. Soldiers were using their gear to try and attack it. The titan grabbed hold of a guys hook and flung him into a tree. Cori turned around sharply and used her hand to grab Eren's chin and turn his head. Thats when it hit her. This was a titan shifter, like Eren. Cori's stomach dropped and she found herself turning around in time to see the titan step on the other soldier, crushing him like a bug.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. The two soldiers she had just killed were long time soldiers of the scout regiment and she had killed them like it was nothing. Cori's face paled as she realized this is why they kept going left, she must've attacked from the right, slowly making her way to the center. She saw more soldiers try to kill her only to die brutal deaths. Armin and the others they were on the right side. Eren looked at her pale face and Cori remember he hadn't been told a thing, he didn't know his friends were on the right. Cori forced herself to forget about them, she could worry about that later, right now she needed to survive or at the very least protect Eren.

There was a loud splat and the last soldier died. Now the titan focused on advancing towards them. Everyone was freaking out, horror on their pale faces. They looked to Levi who didn't even bother turning around. "Captain!" Petra called out frantically. He didn't flinch. "Pick up the pace," he said. They did urging their horses to move faster. Cori knew they wouldn't be able to outrun her, as the titan too picked up its pace.

Everyone else realized this too. "What do we do?!" Petra cried. Levi merely reached down and pulled a gun. "Cover your ears," he command. Cori used one hand to cover her ear, while squishing the other against her shoulder as Levi pulled the trigger. A loud ring sounded. Cori turned and saw the titan wasn't affected by it. "Well fuck," she muttered. Eren brought his hand to his mouth, contemplating whether or not to bite.

"What are you doing," Petra asked him. He put his hand down. "Captain," Cori said trying not to lose her composure. "Captain," Eren said. Levi didn't answer. The titan continued to catch up. The blood was rushing to her ears, adrenaline pumping through her veins. She could hear her heart beating, it seemed to almost drown out all other sounds. She was scared.

The squad kept calling out to their leader but he failed to answer. The footsteps getting closer, Cori didn't dare look. "FOR FUCKS SAKE," she screamed. "ANSWER LEVI!" Levi turned to face her. He wasn't worried in the slightest. He then turned back around, facing forward once again. "I can tell this kids a monster and not just because of his ability. No matter what cage you put him in, no matter how you try to hold him back he'll break through."

"Do what you want. You can either choose to trust your teammates or yourself. Only you can decide" Levi said. Eren turned to Cori. "Only you can decide, I'll trust you either way," she said. Eren kept thinking. "I'll trust you," he said. The squad kept riding forward. Cori turned her head and locked eyes with the titan. She watched the titan's eyes go wide and Cori turned around abruptly.

They kept riding when suddenly they saw the suppliers. "Now!" someone exclaimed and hooks went flying, trapping the titan. Cori turned around in awe before facing Levi. So this is what they had planned all along. Levi stood up. "I'm going, watch my horse," he took off in the direction of the titan. Cori grabbed his horse's reins and they kept riding before deciding to stop and wait for Levi. They used their gear and climbed onto a tree, they began talking about the titan and how none of them knew about the titan.

Cori wasn't paying attention, having come to those conclusions herself. She couldn't stop thinking about the way that titan looked at her. Shock? No more like horror. The titan was horrified to see her. Now was that a good or bad thing. "Oi! Otterlin no time for daydreaming," Eld said. Cori turned to face him. "Sorry," she mumbled. Eren made his way over, "You alright?" Cori hummed in response.

Just then they saw a figured, hooded in the scout regiment cape pass them. "Oi what are you doing here?" Eld asked chasing after the person. The rest of the squad members chased after them. Suddenly, the figure banged Eld and he got caught, he fell hanging of the tree by his odm gear. Cori had seen so many people die but this one took the cake, she was horrified as she past his body. She looked at the figure and it hit her hard. This person was the female titan. She was about to warn the rest of the squad when she transformed. There stood the female titan. She turned around to face the squad and Cori's heart skipped a beat. They were fucked.

The female titans gaze traveled to the squad pausing slightly on Cori before chasing after them. The squad turned tail and ran, using the odm to get away from it. It was no use though, the titan would soon be on them. "Well take it," Gunther said confidently. The squad was facing the titan, letting their gear guide them. "What? You can't handle it, I will," Eren said. "What? You think were weak or something?" Oluo said. "No, I-," Eren stammered. "Trust us," Petra said. Eren looked at Cori and she nodded. The three members went to attack the titan. Cori grabbed Eren and began trying to put distance between them and the titan but she stopped, something telling her to wait.

The squads members were winning. The had cut the titan's shoulder muscles so that she couldn't move her arms, they also managed to take out her eyes. Cori admired how they did that all without saying a word, it reminded her of her and Mikasa. They weren't the Levi Squad for nothing.

Then things took a turn for the worst. Gunther went for the nape but an armored like thing encased it and the titan turned her head, biting Gunther and then spitting him out. One of the titans eyes regenerated and she caught sight of Oluo kicking him aside into a tree, killing him. Then the titan turned to Petra, getting up and chasing her. Cori watched as the titan stepped on Petra, her body splattering onto a tree.

Cori's body moved before her mind had a chance to react. She lunged at the titan, she was above its head. She didn't remember when she had put her hood up but she did. The titan caught sight of her and jumped, mouth open. The sudden move scared Cori and she fumbled with her sword, desperately trying to activate her hooks. She did and aimed right past the titan's shoulder, hooking onto a tree. As she was making her way she hit the titan's shoulder, hard. It changed her trajectory, but the odm dragged her back. The world was spinning. She held on tightly to her sword trying to fix herself but she couldn't reacted quick enough and she hit the tree she was aiming for. She bounced off the tree, before the gear dragged her back. Her back screamed at her, as it made contact and her neck moved forward with enough force to give her whiplash. She slumped against the tree. Words couldn't describe how much pain she was in. Her hood flung off and the titan stopped, seconds before she would've crushed Cori. That pause was enough and the last thing Cori saw before blacking out was the titan's horrified face and Eren biting his hand.