The Female Titan Part 2

The titan stared at Cori's unconscious form a little while longer before engaging Eren. The boy was fueled with anger. He had just watched his friends die, protecting him and he didn't even know if Cori was still alive. Cori, was Eren's childhood friend and he didn't know what he would do if she died. How would he even begin to explain it? On top of that if she died protecting him...

Annie was fueled by desperation and fear. She needed to get Eren just as badly as she needed Cori alive. She had just nearly killed her. Annie could barely process it, she nearly killed her lover, lord knows if she'll be fine. She hit the tree hard.

The two titan shifters battled it out. At first it seemed Eren was going to win as he got the upper hand on Annie but then Annie flipped things around. She knocked Eren out and bit into his nape careful not to actually bite him. She then took off.

Mikasa came and took in the scene around her. It wasn't long for her to piece things together as she realized what happened, then her eyes found Cori. Cori was banged up. Blood trickling down her face, she was slumped over and for a second Mikasa thought she was dead. She slowly made her way over, gently touching Cori's face. Her body was still warm, she wasn't dead just unconscious.

Cori began to stir, she had a massive headache, her vision was slightly blurry but soon cleared itself. Cori's back and neck ached. She took in the scene around her. Mikasa was looking at her, a concern look on her face. What's she doing here? Cori saw all the bodies and Eren's decomposing titan. That's when she remembered everything. She hastily stood up ignoring all the pain and grabbed her swords. She could feel the blood trickling down her face but that didn't matter.

"Is Eren still alive?" Cori asked. "I was hoping you knew," Mikasa said. Cori contemplated it. It was clear the titan risked a lot trying to get him, she wouldn't just kill him right? "Maybe," Cori said. Mikasa's eyes lit up at the possibility of him still being alive. "You alright?" she asked. Cori nodded. Mikasa didn't hesitate as she took off the way the titan left, Cori followed.

They were soon met by Levi. Mikasa and Levi bickered. She already hated Levi for what he did to Eren in court and now she blamed him for letting Eren get taken. Cori didn't say anything, her vision going in and out. She didn't know how she managed to keep going. She just prayed all she needed was a good nights rest.

They found the titan, Levi commanded them to not attack. Levi moved at inhuman speeds as he slashed at the titan. Mikasa noticed the titan's nape was open and went to attack. Cori remember what happened with Gunther. Mikasa made contact but was stopped by some hard crystal thing, it broke her blades. Cori pushed Mikasa out of the titan's way, she couldn't handle anymore death. Levi landed on the titan, spraining his ankle. He winced as he made his way to the titans mouth. Cori used that as a cue and cut open its mouth, sure enough Eren was there alive. Levi grabbed him, telling Cori and Mikasa to follow him. They did. Cori turned around to look at the titan, it was crying.

Cori was in the wagon next to Eren. Her headache was worse now and she felt like if she moved her back would give out. They were being chased by titans and there only hope was to outrun them. Cori tried to keep her eyes open but she fell unconscious.

***

She woke up in a bed. Armin was sitting at her side. "Armin?" she asked. He looked up. "Cori thank god your alright?! You've been asleep for a week!" "A week?!" Cori exclaimed. She looked and noticed her back was wrapped she also realized that she was just in a bra and pants.

She noticed that she was at the old scout regiment headquarters. "Armin whats going on? Why are you here?" she asked. "Oh its not just me, Connie Jean, Sasha and Mikasa are here too,"
he said. "Okay but why?" "Oh well you see we think we know who the female titan is and we just finished planning how we're going to capture her," he explained. "Looks like you've had a productive week," Cori said. "Well who is it?" Armin looked down. "Armin?" she questioned. He said nothing instead handing her letter. "This came for you. I promise everything will be explained," he said leaving the room. Cori opened it and saw it was from Annie

Dear Cori,

The military police is fine. How's the scouts? Don't die, please. I want you to know I love you okay? I really do, don't forget it.

-Annie

Cori smiled as she read the letter over and over again. She gripped the bracelet on her wrist. She missed her. She missed her cold blue eyes. She missed her blonde hair. She missed how it felt to have her body on hers.

The door opened and in walked Levi, Erwin, Hange, Sasha, Connie, Jean, Mikasa, Eren and Armin. "Glad your okay," Eren said. Cori nodded. "Yeah betted than ever," she said. Levi looked at Erwin. Erwin cleared his throat. "So, I'm sure Armin's caught you up on some stuff?" "Well he told me you had an idea on who the titan was but didn't say who you thought it was," Cori replied. Immediately the tension in the room grew. Erwin looked at Levi before continuing. "Well her name is Annie Leonhart. I believe she trained in the 104th with you." Cori stomach dropped. Annie? No it couldn't be.

"What makes you think its her," Cori asked. "Well I'll have Armin explain since he came up with the theory." Armin began explaining all his reasons and as much as Cori hated to admit it he was right. He explained how Annie had Marco's odm gear and how she was probably the ones that killed Swaney and Bean. Her heart dropped at the thought of Annie somehow being affiliated with Marco's death. Everything Armin was saying made sense. She still couldn't believe it though. Annie, her Annie?

"Alright but can I talk to her? Maybe she'll listen," Cori said. "Sorry no, you can join in capturing her, assuming your okay," Erwin said. "But maybe I can get through to her," Cori said. "And you can do that after we've got her and confirmed she's the titan." Cori sighed realizing she wasn't going to win. "Okay," she said. Erwin nodded and everyone left, besides Eren, Mikasa and Armin.

Cori sat there thinking. It made sense and she hated it. Annie being the titan explained all the horrified looks it gave her, why she chose the military police. I love you. Those words echoed in Cori's mind. She played back every moment she had with Annie. She felt betrayed. Annie had lied. She didn't tell Cori anything. Eren was new, he genuinely had no idea about his ability but Annie from the looks of it was experienced. Cori wondered how she would've reacted if Annie had told her beforehand. She wondered what other secrets the blonde kept from her. Did she know who the armored and colossal titans were? Cori sighed. She felt the bed sink and looked to see all her friends take a seat. "This must be overwhelming," Mikasa said. "A little," Cori said. "Thank you Cori for protecting me," Eren said. Cori looked into his teal eyes. "Anytime titan boy," she murmured. "You know Cori you don't have to go, we can handle it," Armin said. "No its fine," Cori said. She needed to face Annie. She needed to ask her. She needed to.