Rescue

Cori woke up before any of the other soldiers that were knocked out by the impact. "Cori!" Armin exclaimed hugging her. Cori had a headache. She had gotten a concussion from fighting Annie back in the forest and this didn't help matters. She rested her head on Armin's shoulder closing her eyes. She had been so focused on Annie she had almost forgot about her best friend. "They got him, didn't they," Cori said. Armin nodded.

Just then Mikasa and the other soldiers started to stir. "Where's Eren?!" Mikasa asked. Armin and Cori looked at each other. "They got him," Armin said. "We have to rescue them!" Mikasa exclaimed trying to stand up, only to become dizzy. "Mikasa you probably have a concussion," Cori said. "I don't care we have to rescue Eren!" Mikasa cried. "Sit down Mikasa," Cori said. "No!" Mikasa said getting agitated. "Sit your ass down," Cori said standing up. Mikasa looked at her before looking down and pulling her scarf up so that it covered her half her face. "Don't worry we'll save him, you just have to be patient." "Yes," Erwin said, coming up too them. "You see there are trees not to far from here, they're probably there. We just have to get their before they leave. So if your ready we'll be leaving now," Erwin said. "Yes sir!" Mikasa said. They began preparing to leave. Hange wanted to go but seeing as they were still injured they couldn't come. Historia was eager to go as well, wanting to get Ymir back.

They prepared themselves and started riding out to the clearing. The made it and saw Ymir's titan hoping around. "Ymir!" Histora cried seconds before Ymir ate her. Everyone looked in shock as Ymir hoped back through the trees with Historia in her mouth. "What the fuck?" Cori asked. Then there was another loud crack and Reiner emerged. He was covering Bertholdt and Eren with one of his hands and Ymir was poking out of her titan, holding Christa. Ymir's titan was on Reiner's neck covering his nape. Mikasa, Armin, Cori, Jean, Connie and Sasha all crowded around the hand trying to coax Bertholdt out. They were trying to understand why they had betrayed them. Cori was getting annoyed she wanted to kill them. She wanted Bertholdt and Reiner dead. They were responsible for so much pain and destruction and then had the nerve to be make friends with the people they had made homeless.

Cori pulled her blade and stuck it in the gap in between Reiner's fingers. Bertholdt yelped as it barely missed. Cori peered in and it brought her great joy to see the scared look on his face. "Wanna see how long you can dodge?" she asked. "I'm sorry I am!" Bertholdt said. "You guys didn't do anything wrong! Your not devils!" Bertholdt cried.

Erwin began leading a bunch of titans to the group. Reiner uncovered Bertholdt to try and deal with them. Mikasa took this opportunity, grabbing Eren. Cori locked eyes with Bertholdt. "I'll kill you, I swear it," she said hopping of Reiner and onto her horse. Connie had grabbed a protesting Historia and she was back on her horse. Ymir was in her titan fighting the other titans alongside Historia.

Cori started engaging the titans. It was a shit show, titans everywhere. Mikasa had hurt herself and couldn't move. Eren by her side. Erwin had lost an arm. Jean was unconscious and Armin was trying to hold back a titan, dangling his blade in front of the titan. Cori went to try and help him, when a titan grabbed hold of her leg, she sliced it and fell on the ground. Her back was aching again, her head was spinning. She reached for the necklace Marco had given her. She gritted her teeth as everything that had happened in the last 2 months hit her. Her brother was dead, he wasn't coming back. Annie was the female titan. Bertholdt and Reiner were titans too. Ymir was also a titan. Her parents were dead. Mother murdered, father eaten.

Cori watched as the same titan that had killed Eren's mother arrived and ate Hannes. That was the breaking point. The man that had saved them was dead. She started to cry. She tried to stay strong but she couldn't. She was aware a titan was behind her, but she didn't care. Let it eat me.

Then the titan jumped over her. She looked up in awe as it punched the smiling titan. Cori watched as other titans in the area started converging on it. Cori snapped out of it, and whistled for her horse, getting on it.

She saw Ymir and Historia. Ymir had her hand on Historia and Cori realized that Ymir was going to go with Reiner. She watched as Ymir ran over and started pulling titans of Reiner, helping him and Bertholdt escape. The surviving members of the scout and garrison regiments rode back to the safety of the wall.