Bonus Chapter 3

Cori was standing by the dock, breathing in the salty air. They were going back to Paradise today.

Cori was excited. She was excited to see Mikasa again. Cori felt two arms creep around her waist and she instantly relaxed. Annie.

Annie and Cori had retired from the military 3 months prior. The two girls had never really wanted to be part of the military anyway.

When they got to Paradise their intention was to stay there and live the rest of their lives.

"You excited?" Annie asked. Cori hummed in response.

They heard voices and turned to see everyone else. Armin, Jean, Connie, Levi, Falco, Gabi, Pieck and Reiner.

"Its time to go," Armin said.

Annie detached herself from Cori's waist and the pair followed everyone else to the ship.

They boarded the ship and watched as it left dock. Cori turned to Armin. He had proved to be vital in the reconstruction of Paradise and the rest of the world. He truly was an amazing leader.

It was quiet in the boat at first until Connie started bringing up how much he missed Paradise. Cori agreed. She really did miss the island.

Annie came from below deck and stood next to Cori, leaning against the railing.

"What do you think?" Annie asked.

"I think the ocean is amazing," Cori breathed.

Armin nodded in agreement. "It really is."

The others were talking but Cori wasn't paying attention. Annie's hand was wrapped around her waist and Cori's head was on her shoulder. They were both tired and enjoying the presence of each other.

They heard bird noises and Cori walked up next to Armin who had caught a bird's feather. She looked up and made eye contact with the bird. She relaxed and smiled slightly. Her and Armin shared a look.

***

They got off the boat and immediately Cori and Armin went to see Mikasa. They didn't need to wonder where she was. They knew.

The walk there was silent. Neither one of them made a noise. They were both deep in thought.

Finally they made it to the tree. Cori motioned towards Armin and he called out Mikasa's name. Immediately, her head turned and she began running towards them. Cori and Armin did the same and soon all three of them were encased in one big hug.

They didn't say anything. They didn't need too. All that needed to be said was said in that hug.

After they finally let go they sat down and started catching each other up. Armin started talking about working as the commander and mentioned Hitch a few times.

Mikasa talked about how things were going in Paradise and everything they had missed out on.

Cori talked about living in Marley and helping out at Levi's tea shop. She also talked about Annie and their relationship.

Eventually the trio decided to walk into the city where everyone was waiting for them.

Mikasa greeted everyone and it was a nice little reunion. Cori held onto Annie's hand and Annie gave her a little squeeze. She was home.

***
It had been a month since Cori's arrival back in Paradise. Annie and Cori talked and they both had no intention of leaving the island. It was a lot calmer than Marley.

Cori watched as Annie began making foods for the kids. They were volunteering at a shelter.

Cori had become especially close with the children. While neither her or Annie were keen on having children of their own hanging out with children was alright.

Cori watched as the kids chased each other up and down the hills. Some were drawing on papers. Others were being taught how to read and write.

Annie sighed and approached Cori. "They're a lot of work," she said.

"They are aren't they?" Cori remarked.

One came up and approached them. She was a little 10 year old named Rosemary. She was a wild one, constantly getting in trouble and each time the couple saw her she had another bandage on her leg.

"What is it Rose?" Annie asked.

"Do you wanna play tag with me? None of the other kids want to," she asked politely. Her green eyes staring brightly up at them. Her red hair stood out amongst all the other kids .

Cori and Annie looked at each other. "Its getting late..." Cori began.

"Please!!!!" she begged.

"Don't make that face," Annie said as she began making puppy eyes.

Eventually they both agreed. (Annie somewhat reluctantly.) They began playing with Rosemary. You'd think with their military experience it would be easy but the red-head was fast. Eventually the girls called it a day and decided it was time for Rosemary to get ready for bed.

She washed up and ate her dinner. Annie began cleaning the dishes as Cori went to tuck Rosemary in.

"Will you guys be here tomorrow?" she asked as Cori went to leave the room.

Cori turned around. She was getting rather attached. "Yeah," she said.

The girl's face lit up and before closing her eyes. "Yay! Night Cori!"

"Night Rose," Cori said.

She sat across from Annie. "I'm tired," Annie groaned. Cori chuckled softly and kissed Annie's forehead softly.

"I love you," Annie mumbled.

"I love you too," Cori said, beginning to play with Annie's hair.

"Don't fall asleep," Cori spoke softly.

Annie merely groaned in response. Cori smiled and put her head on the table. She tightly her head so she could see the children's rooms before closing her eyes. Yeah she could get used to this.