Court

The next day Cori acted like she hadn't found out her brother died. She wore the necklace around her neck, tucking it under her shirt.

She sat down next to Armin, across from Mikasa. Armin laid his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry Cori." She looked at the blonde on her shoulder and gave him a soft smile. They began talking about Eren and his court case. Mikasa was worried they'd take him especially after they just got him back. Cori was still confused as to how he could turn into a titan. She believed however that the Armored and Colossal Titans were almost humans who could control them but she couldn't fathom why they would want to do that. Didn't they realized that if they smash all the walls they won't have anywhere to live?

A garrison regiment soldier walked in. "Where are Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert and Cori Otterlin?" he asked. "Over here," Mikasa said. "You guys are needed as witnesses for the trial." The three looked at each other before following him.

They arrived in the court room. They stood in a row next to the other Garrison Soldiers that were protecting Eren that day. Mikasa was in between Cori and Armin. Premier Dhalis Zachary was sitting at a chair, he was to be the judge, ultimately deciding Eren's fate.

The Military Police wanted to learn as much as they can about him and then kill him, probably by dissecting him. The Scout Regiment on the other hand wanted him in order to help with advancements outside the wall. It didn't sit right with Cori that they were using Eren as a weapon and not take into account his feeling but she knew he wanted to be in the Scouts anyway.

She spotted Captain Levi. He was easy to spot because of his height, or rather lack there of. The day when he had saved them from the titan he had learned of her name. He seemed rather intrigued when he found out Cori's last name was Otterlin.

The Wall Cult was also here which annoyed Cori even more. What did they have to do with anything? Cori hated the Wall Cult even more than the Military Police.

They brought Eren in. His hands were tied and the wrapped them around a pole. He was in a white shirt. He caught site of Armin, Mikasa and Cori, before turning his attention to the Premier.

"Alright then so this trial will decide the fate of Eren Jeager," the Premier said.

***

After both the Military Police and the Scouts argued for a bit Zachary turned his attention to Mikasa. "Lets see now in the report it said that Eren Jeager lost control and attack a female by the name of Mikasa Ackerman. Where is this Mikasa Ackerman." "Over her, sir," Mikasa said. Eren looked at Mikasa dumbfounded. Did he not remember? "Ah well did he attack you?" the Premier asked. Mikasa froze glaring at Rico. "What did you expect me to lie in the report?" she asked. Mikasa looked at Cori. "You can't lie Mikasa," she said.

"Yes, he did." Eren went wide eye. "However, he also saved me when he was a titan. I was about to get eaten by a titan when he killed it," she said. "Sir, you can't trust her testimony. She's a childhood friend of the boy. According to sources they both committed murder as a child. There monsters," someone from the military police said. Cori gritted her teeth. "I might be a monster but leave her out of it!" Eren exclaimed.

"Whatever he's still a monster and should be killed," someone from the Wall Cult said. Cori couldn't take it anymore. She was in a room surrounded by idiots that didn't know how to handle the situation.

"I'm sorry but when did your opinion ever matter? All you do is worship walls. Have you ever been outside past the walls you worship so much? Have you seen all the bloodshed, the soldiers risking their lives. Eren is an asset. He killed twenty titans at least. He could lower casualties significantly. And he could also be or key to figuring a way out of this mess but instead you want to dissect him because your scared of the unknown," Cori stopped and turned to face the premier. "I'm sorry for speaking out of turn, sir." "Its quiet alright," he said.

"You can't trust what she says either! She grew up with him too!" "Its because I grew up with him that I can assure you he hates the titans as much as you do. He's not a monster!" Everyone began bickering again.

"Shut up!" Eren yelled. Everyone stopped talking and looked at him. Suddenly he got kicked in the face by Levi. Mikasa lunged and Armin and Cori had to hold her back. Levi kicked Eren some more and some more before grabbing Eren by his hair to show his face to the Premier. "At the end of the day the Military Police can't keep him under control only I can and besides I'll have that help of one of his friends," Levi said. "Alright I've made my decision. Eren Jeager will fall under custody of the Scout Regiment for the time being but if you fail to prove he's valuable he gets taken to the Military Police." The session concluded and everyone started filing out. Levi looked at Armin, Mikasa and Cori. "You," he said pointing to Cori. "Your with me."